• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

download very, very slow - newbie at work

tom.smith

Hi,

I've just purchased AnyStream and I don't know if this behavior I do experience is kind of normal.

I'm downloading my first files with Netflix. While the first three downloads were kind of normal, right now the download is stuck at 95 % for some 40 minutes. Is there anything I can do to get this download working again? Is there someone else having this while downloading? I don't think that this a normal behavior as - while watching Netflix - I will not wait an hour for the season to continue.

Kind regards,

It seems that the file was downloaded completely - it's just not shown...

No, download didn't finish, the end is missing...

I thought that while the file is being downloaded, the file size is shown with '0' and after download the file is safed to disk...? As I saw a file size I hoped for a completed download.

Last edited:
0 byte file, usually means you emptied your token bucket and need to wait for it to start refilling. Did anystream give you some kind of message? Yes the file is safe to delete.

0 byte file, usually means you emptied your token bucket and need to wait for it to start refilling
It's not the case here. @tom.smith is referring to the fact that while the file is being downloaded, Windows explorer shows 0 bytes size and so it lasts till the file is closed by AnyStream.
No, download didn't finish, the end is missing...
I need a log file so I can see where the problem is. When this happens again - go to the "File" menu (in the upper left corner) and select "Create log file". Then post your log here.

In that case it's there a way to have of update according what's been downloaded. I know it's not the same, but sometimes video encoders start with a 0byte but when a video file is in process of being encoded hitting F5 updates the size to the size according the moment of pressing F5. Hitting F5 again in windows explorer would refresh/update the size again.

Is something similar possible with AnyStream?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's not the case here. @tom.smith is referring to the fact that while the file is being downloaded, Windows explorer shows 0 bytes size and so it lasts till the file is closed by AnyStream.

@tom.smith what version of AnyStream are you running? I observed similar behaviour with old versions where network dropped out causing connection reset and AS was still thinking it was downloading stuff when it actually wasn't, but that behaviour went away several releases ago...

I need a log file so I can see where the problem is. When this happens again - go to the "File" menu (in the upper left corner) and select "Create log file". Then post your log here.

I started download again today and right now it's working. Will create the log the next time.

@tom.smith what version of AnyStream are you running? I observed similar behaviour with old versions where network dropped out causing connection reset and AS was still thinking it was downloading stuff when it actually wasn't, but that behaviour went away several releases ago...
I'm using the latest version 1.0.9.1 64-bit

I started download again today and right now it's working. Will create the log the next time.
Cool it's working.
Make sure you supply a log file in case of any problem (in the future).

Back