• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Doubt mdisc dvd

cloudff7

mdisc dvd in 37C 60-65% what expectancy durability?

Just forget about discs. You heard me before. Or store on floppy, DAT or other ancient tape drives. You need to go with the development and don't work backwards.

mdisc dvd in 37C 60-65% what expectancy durability?
Not much.
I had some of them.
While the original MDiscs are mostly still working. All the latest ones made in Taiwan or outside Japan, which are nearly all now, are low quality.
I get here around 75% plus humidity and 36 plus C and they can't stand it. Shortest lifetime was a few month.
Worst part is that some are so low quality now that while you burn them, you already have issues.

Not much.
I had some of them.
While the original MDiscs are mostly still working. All the latest ones made in Taiwan or outside Japan, which are nearly all now, are low quality.
I get here around 75% plus humidity and 36 plus C and they can't stand it. Shortest lifetime was a few month.
Worst part is that some are so low quality now that while you burn them, you already have issues.
Amen. Forget discs.

Here is one I ordered some time ago.
You can see the quality by looking at the scan results. Its not specifically a DVD but it should give you an idea what to expect.

Again. Forget discs. The quality is going south which is understandable for a declining business. Disc for burning is a dying business.

I have mdisc dvd verbatim made taiwan discs purchased between 2016 and 2018
Code:
Verbatim formerly a subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical, the global business and assets of Verbatim were sold to CMC Magnetics in 2019 at an estimated price of $32 million USD.

That company is known for substandard quality.

I have mdisc dvd verbatim made taiwan discs purchased between 2016
It's their lie that the disc is resistant
I bought it in 2016, I burned it and today it is stored, the temperature in my house varies from 33-37C, humidity 60-70%, is the data already dead?

temperature in my house varies from 33-37C, humidity 60-70%, is the data already dead?
Well, the only way to check is if you have a drive that is able to scan the media.
To see if the disc is still ok.

For mdisc dvd is it worse than high humidity or high temperature? in my room if I turn off the dehumidifier the humidity rises and the temperature drops if I use the dehumidifier the humidity drops 59% 65% and the room temperature rises 33- 37c

The mdisc dvd is a lie, it doesn't have the resistance promised by the manufacturer?

For mdisc dvd is it worse than high humidity or high temperature? in my room if I turn off the dehumidifier the humidity rises and the temperature drops if I use the dehumidifier the humidity drops 59% 65% and the room temperature rises 33- 37c
Well both affect the durability of the media.

The mdisc dvd is a lie, it doesn't have the resistance promised by the manufacturer?
M-Disc came out first 2009 and at that point of time things been different.
Additionally the company that invented the media, Millenniata, Inc., officially went bankrupt in December 2016.

I know they both affect the mdisc dvd media but which one affects more?

I have mdisc dvd verbatim buy 2016 and mdisc dvd millenniata buy recent, does verbatim have good construction and good materials or not?

Have all your DVD mdiscs already died?

know they both affect the mdisc dvd media but which one affects more?
Optical media should be stored in conditions of 20-50% humidity and at temperatures of 10-25°C. There is no which one is worse in my opinion both are not good.

have mdisc dvd verbatim buy 2016 and mdisc dvd millenniata buy recent, does verbatim have good construction and good materials or not?
The same level of quality is no longer guaranteed due to the change in production to CMC Magnetics.

Have all your DVD mdiscs already died?
All the once made outside Japan and the once short before production closed in Japan have issues, some more some less. Some are so badly affected that they can't be read beyond a certain point.

In my case, I live in the tropical region of Brazil and it is hot but I have to choose between a higher temperature or higher humidity. The dehumidifier controls this because if you use it the temperature goes up and the humidity goes down. If you don't use it, it's the opposite.

I think my MDisc is made in Taiwan but it doesn't say if it's CMC Magnetics or Ritek

When I burned the DVD mdiscs I tested for reading errors and no errors were found, is that good or bad?

In my case, I live in the tropical region of Brazil and it is hot but I have to choose between a higher temperature or higher humidity. The dehumidifier controls this because if you use it the temperature goes up and the humidity goes down. If you don't use it, it's the opposite.
If you can control humidity to a certain extent its good because you control mould or fungus growth on your media.

think my MDisc is made in Taiwan but it doesn't say if it's CMC Magnetics or Ritek
You can try IMG Burn to see the MediaCode, however, since production is now with CMC, they can use the MediaCode for Verbatim.

When I burned the DVD mdiscs I tested for reading errors and no errors were found, is that good or bad?
To a certain degree it's good.
At the point of reading it had no errors.
But that can change after a while.

Back