• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Don't Go In The House (Shriekshow/Media Blasters)

norliss

Hi,

This was one of the few titles AnyDVD wouldn't rip for me: has anyone else experienced difficulties in ripping this?

I can't remember the exact message I was given (I'm in work right now) but I will retry it over the weekend and post back with more precise info.

no info = no help

See "before you post" and try again

Fine, but ...

If you want to know first if your disc is "known" then simply open "search" on the tool bar here and enter that DVD name. :D

If you want to know first if your disc is "known" then simply open "search" on the tool bar here and enter that DVD name. :D

And even so - that has very little meaning in the long run.
1 computer
1 optical drive
1 factory DVD

All adds up to a different experience for every individual user.
THUS - the need for a logfile to help any one particular case.

-W

Here's the logfile anyhow.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.5.0_Info_D_DONT_GO_IN_THE_HOUSE.zip
    154.4 KB · Views: 5
The problem is I get a message beforehand warning me it is unlikely to be able to crack all the CSS keys. I did try ripping it before when I first encountered this message but the rip to hard drive was unsuccessful.

I'm using Windows via Parallels on a Mac. For some reason this evening it has shown up as VIRTUAL DVD-ROM, it doesn't normally. It is an LG BD-Rom/DVD Burner. I shall try and re-do the logfile tomorrow if necessary.

Ok, here's an updated log and I've attached a screen grab of the message.

Attachments

155 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD.jpg
    AnyDVD.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 10
The problem is I get a message beforehand warning me it is unlikely to be able to crack all the CSS keys. I did try ripping it before when I first encountered this message but the rip to hard drive was unsuccessful.

Your drive's region is not set, which at least part of the problem why you can't back up the DVD. Exit AnyDVD completely and set the drive's region code and try ripping again.

Cracking the CSS keys requires the drive have the region code set.

Your drive's region is not set, which at least part of the problem why you can't back up the DVD. Exit AnyDVD completely and set the drive's region code and try ripping again.

Cracking the CSS keys requires the drive have the region code set.

Ok, will do that. Thanks.

I've just tried this on another machine on which I believe the drive region code is set to 2 but encountered the same issue. I've attached the logfile.

Attachments

159.6 KB · Views: 4
I've just tried this on another machine on which I believe the drive region code is set to 2 but encountered the same issue. I've attached the logfile.

You can either set the drive Region code to 1 to get the CSS keys right one time (they are stored in the CSS archive), or ignore the warning.

You can either set the drive Region code to 1 to get the CSS keys right one time (they are stored in the CSS archive), or ignore the warning.

Hi again.

I did ignore the warning and although the rip went ahead, it doesn't play properly. You can hear the music from the main menu screen but not see the menu itself :(

Hi again.

I did ignore the warning and although the rip went ahead, it doesn't play properly. You can hear the music from the main menu screen but not see the menu itself :(
In this case you can either copy without menu, or set the drive to match the region code, or ask around for the matching CSS keys (they can be edited in the CSS archive).

Given this was one of only 2 discs that AnyDVD had not been able to (properly) cope with, I thought I'd try it again on the most recent (7.3.1.0) version.

I'm pleased to say it now deals with this disc perfectly. It also seems to be able to deal with the other disc as well, so well done to the devs at SlySoft for constantly improving/updating it :)

Critters box set (U.K.) has a similar CSS message on each of the discs. Let me khow if you need the logs..

Unless its the exact same disc and the exact same message and your PC is identical to his, a logfile is needed. If you have an issue. A logfile is always needed. Without it nobody can help you.

Back