• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Does the monitor matter?

Kurgan839

I'm curious, since I'm using my pc with a 4k supporting video card. If I had a 4k monitor would sites that have 4K content detect the monitor and allow me to download content in UHD resolution? For example. If I use my old HD tv with my 4K roku sites like VUDU will not give me the option to stream in 4k. But, if I hook the same roku to my 4K tv the option to stream in 4K is enabled.

I'm curious, since I'm using my pc with a 4k supporting video card. If I had a 4k monitor would sites that have 4K content detect the monitor and allow me to download content in UHD resolution? For example. If I use my old HD tv with my 4K roku sites like VUDU will not give me the option to stream in 4k. But, if I hook the same roku to my 4K tv the option to stream in 4K is enabled.
How does any of this have anything to do with AnyStream, we do not support Vudu, or 4k except for a few HBOMax movies. I think this thread would be better served in the general chat subforum.

How does any of this have anything to do with AnyStream
It's about if AS can get 4k if a 4k monitor is attached. Or in other words, if the provider doesn't give you the stream if you don't have one. But this is the decryption and all that stuff, not the monitor (I guess, since I am not firm with it. Maybe you can get the 4k stream, but even then AS might be unable to decrypt it. So it would not be of any benefit).

It's about if AS can get 4k if a 4k monitor is attached. Or in other words, if the provider doesn't give you the stream if you don't have one. But this is the decryption and all that stuff, not the monitor (I guess, since I am not firm with it. Maybe you can get the 4k stream, but even then AS might be unable to decrypt it. So it would not be of any benefit).
The monitor has nothing to do with 4K, you need to have 4K media and a 4K monitor to play 4K, Vudu has nothing to do with AnyStream. AS can decrypt it, you see that in the HBO streams.

I only used VUDU as an example for my question. The same thing applies to NF, HBO Max, etc. I'm sorry for the confusion. I was just curious if it would be beneficial to upgrade to a 4K monitor in regards to AS.

and a 4K monitor to play 4K
And that is the question. Would the provider give AS the 4k stream if the 4k monitor is attached, much like 4k is limited to Edge but can't be played in other browsers (the provider can see the browser used). I don't think so, and AS can only decrypt it because of a loophole as far as I know.

So even so you could use Edge and maybe the official apps to watch 4k, I doubt it would be possible to get 4k to AS by that.

And that is the question. Would the provider give AS the 4k stream if the 4k monitor is attached, much like 4k is limited to Edge but can't be played in other browsers (the provider can see the browser used). I don't think so, and AS can only decrypt it because of a loophole as far as I know.

So even so you could use Edge and maybe the official apps to watch 4k, I doubt it would be possible to get 4k to AS by that.
There is no way for the provider to access a person's computer to see if it has a 4K monitor, it doesn't work that way.

There is no way for the provider to access a person's computer to see if it has a 4K monitor, it doesn't work that way.
But the browser sends the information of the client. For example, they can detect if I use Edge or Firefox because of the User Agent String. Here is an article from Google about this. The same way they could see that you have a 4k monitor, if the browser can send it (or if the API makes it possible to retrieve this information). And if you have the official app installed on your device, they can see and do more stuff, much like AnyDVD can enable LibreDrive and stuff to Discs. So the provider could see that there is a 4k monitor that also supports the HDCP protection and decide to send the 4k stream. But depending on the user agent string AS uses (and since the webpage of Amz is being used), the provider will not do it.

So, in short: I don't think it is possible. If it is, I believe some users that have such a screen would've noticed and posted it.

Back