• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does AnyDVD work with Handbrake?

pomme4moi

Hi. I am considering purchasing AnyDVD. I want to use it on a Windows 7 PC in conjunction with Handbrake to convert some movies to H.264 mp4 format. The movies already were copied onto a hard drive, one folder for each movie. Within each movie folder are two sub-folders, one for audio_ts and video_ts, each containing their respective VOB files.

If I purchase AnyDVD, can I point it to the folder that I want to convert, then start Handbrake to convert the movie? Will this work?

Thank you

Anydvd does not work with folders. It works only with actual discs inside the drive or Virtual images such as ISO files. If the files are already on your harddrive then the files are already decrypted and should work within handbrake right away

Thanks for your response. The files on the hard drive were copied using Windows Explorer, so they are still encrypted. On a Mac, I can use VLC and Handbrake together to overcome the encryption and create the mp4 file. But Handbrake does not work in this manner on a PC, so I thought I might try AnyDVD with Handbrake. But your response confirms it will not work. Do you happen to know of anything that will work with Handbrake on a PC? If not, maybe I'll have to get something like WinX DVD Ripper Platinum that both decrypts and converts. Thx

Not sure if this will work with encrypted files but download and install ImgBurn which is free and use the Create Image from files/folders option to get a iso file. If that was possible then download and install AnyDVD Virtual CloneDrive free as well to mount that iso. Then start AnyDVD to remove the encryption while iso mounted so you can use handbrake

Hi. I am considering purchasing AnyDVD. I want to use it on a Windows 7 PC in conjunction with Handbrake to convert some movies to H.264 mp4 format. The movies already were copied onto a hard drive, one folder for each movie. Within each movie folder are two sub-folders, one for audio_ts and video_ts, each containing their respective VOB files.

If I purchase AnyDVD, can I point it to the folder that I want to convert, then start Handbrake to convert the movie? Will this work?

Thank you

Hold on a minute...

How *exactly* did you create the folder rips on your hard disk?
Are these folders already decrypted?

Please tell us exactly what programs were involven in copying the DVDs to the HDD.

--
SC

The only remote chance i can imagine for it to work is to create an iso file out of the VIDEO_TS folder. Then mount that iso file and see if anydvd can decrypt it. If your lucky it will, however since its a virtual disc, there's the remote chance that it will need the volume id wich is stored in the dvd-rom mark. A virtual disc does not have this information.

I suggest you try anydvd out first before you buy it, but the fact remains that Anydvd is primairily designed to work with physical discs and decrypt them once they are inside the drive.

Anydvd need volume id for blu-ray not for DVD.

90% of the time yes, but if there is structural protection you'll want to use anydvd ripper function first.

Hi Stormcrow. The DVD's were copied to the hard drive using Windows Explorer, just by dragging-and-dropping the files from the DVD into a folder on the hard drive. As such, they have not been decrypted.

As FYI, this approach works fine on an Apple computer. Just connect the hard drive to the Apple, start VLC, then start Handbrake and point it to the movie folder. The conversion to MP4 happens flawlessly. But this approach does not work on a PC - I think Handbrake interacts with VLC differently on a PC. Hence my query about AnyDVD.

Thanks

Dragging-and-dropping using Windows Explorer will not thoroughly remove structural protections and sooner or later you will run into a DVD that will cause you problems due to this. If you want to truly rip the discs the best way possible for use with Handbrake then use the AnyDVD ripper via Rip Video DVD to Harddisk... for copying the DVDs to your HDD and then process with Handbrake.

Dragging-and-dropping using Windows Explorer will not thoroughly remove structural protections and sooner or later you will run into a DVD that will cause you problems due to this.
Without AnyDVD running, it won't even remove CSS. ;)

Hi DrinkLye. When you refer to "AnyDVD ripper" in your post, which Slysoft product are you refering to? CloneDVD? My understanding is that the AnyDVD product will not copy DVD's. Slysoft's FAQ page has this:

"Will AnyDVD copy my movie DVDs?

No. AnyDVD is a driver that decrypts the inserted DVDs in the background. Windows and all third-party software will not find any region restrictions or encryptions on your DVDs. With the help of AnyDVD, DVD-copy software like CloneDVD, Pinnacle InstantCopy, Intervideo DVDCopy and many others will be able to handle copy-protected DVDs. To copy DVDs 'on the fly' we suggest you use CloneDVD."

Thanks

Right click in the anydvd system tray and chose "Rip DVd to harddrive". It will copy the whole disc without options to select audio or titlesets. It will remove any protection the dvd has.

Back