• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Does Any DVD ripper remove empty cells?

bertoss

Hello, a long time ago Any DVD ripper had the option "remove empty cells" I can't find that option now. Does that mean that any dvd does not remove this empty cells?

Remove empty cells will require re-mastering which is not possible on the fly.

Thank you for your comment. Is there an other way or program that can fix it. :aiee:

It would be helpful what you are trying to achieve so I can tailor my response to meet what you are requesting.

Try the combination of "Rip it for me" and "DVD Decrypter" on your computer at the same time, and use "Rip it for me" to do the ripping and also try "Fix VTS"

They used to get rid of fake cells and clean up the back-up while ripping.

But, I believe modern day rippers would take care of this automatically, just not stating what they are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

And the AnyDVD ripper remasters. And removes empty (DVD) cells.

Glad I scrolled down before posting. I was gonna say the same thing.

The AnyDVD Ripper is not "on the fly". It's a real time ripper.

-W

Maybe I didn't make myself very clear what I meant to say is without ripping to harddrive, Anydvd may not remove empty cells.

Does Any DVD ripper remove empty cells/transparency of the driver?

Hi all,

I was given a pointer to this thread from the German portion of this forum to my original question (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=55796), so I´m trying to redo my question in English.

I recently started to build a library of 3D movies. I processed about 60 of them. As I was using my notebook for that duty I observered a very long time for one of the drives to copy the content of the bluray to the storage. I abandoned the notebook and switched to a desktop system. I do not know why, but I started ripping (Rip Video DVD to harddisk...) the blurays instead of copying them (I usually use the TotalCommander for that task). I ignored the warning that I should use the ISO-feature (Rip to image...) for 3d discs.

After the "file-based-rip" was done, I compared the content of the directory containing the "file-based-rip" (done by AnyDVD HD alone) with the content of "copy-based-copy" (done by TotalCommander with AnyDVD HD in the background). At a first glance everything was ok, the sum of all files in the directories on the harddisk were the same - but I was surprised to see binary file differences when comparing the content of the directories.

As I was in the way of processing all the 3d blurays I did this "compare session" for all the 3d blurays. Out of this 60 blurays 4 gave me a compare error (Sea Rex 3D, Ocean Wonderland 3D, Monster vs. Aliens 3D and The Brave-Merida 3D).

Based on the assumption that AnyDVD HD (and AnyDVD where I started) is transparent in what it is doing I´m using the "copy-based-copy"-method since then. Am I wrong here?

When ripping 3D movies you have to rip them as image. If you rip to folder the second eye gets decompressed and you end up with a folder much larger than than the original disc

I know that I do have to rip 3d discs as an image - and I know that the folder might be as much as twice as big.

But that is not the point here. I was under the impression that "AnyDVD HD" operates transparent, i.e. no differences between "copying the content with an application" vs. "copying the content with the "Rip Video DVD to harddisk..."".

After thinking a little I put "" around "AnyDVD HD" in the last paragraph. If I understand correctly, "AnyDVD HD" consists of two parts (there might be more, but for the sake of understanding two parts):

On the lower level "AnyDVD HD" operates as an device/filter driver (C:\windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys or C:\windows\SysWOW64\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys). On the higher level "AnyDVD HD" operates as an application (anyDVDtray.exe and ADvdDiscHlp64.exe).

If I´m copying the content of a bluray with the "copy feature" of "TotalCommander": "TotalCommander" is using the (plain vanilla?) services of the device/filter driver provided.
If I´m using the "Rip Video DVD to harddisk..."-feature of "anyDVDtray.exe and ADvdDiscHlp64.exe": "anyDVDtray.exe and ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" is/are using the same (plain vanilla?) services of the device/filter driver, however, they are changing the content "on-the-fly" according to the "Settings...".

That would explain why James said: "And the AnyDVD ripper remasters. And removes empty (DVD) cells." May I assume the "AnyDVD ripper" mentioned by James is acutally "anyDVDtray.exe and ADvdDiscHlp64.exe" AND NOT "AnyDVD.sys"?

Back