• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DMA missing

chaneyd

Question:

I have 2 LG H55N burners connected to my IDE cable, one a master, the other a slave. Checking them out once installed on this new MB, I noticed that the slave has no DMA available to it. The settings say "Current transfer mode is Not Applicable". Tried resetting to PIO and rebooting - nothing. Uninstalled the device and let Windows reinstall - nothing. Still the same thing. Since they are both burners, should I not worry about this? They burn fine. The hard drive is a SATA and has its own SATA port. Not a conflict there. The question came about when I ripped a movied using AnyDVD and CloneDVD that when it started burning, the light on the burner blinked continously for about 5 minutes and did nothing. I had to reboot to break out of it. Uninstalled and reinstalled the two programs and it works fine now. Any explanations out there? Thanks.

Have you flashed the BIOS recently?
Are the drives jumpered correctly? i.e. the Master set on the Master pins and the Slave set on the Slave pins.
Is the Master connected on the end (Black connector)of the IDE cable and the Slave drive on the middle (Grey connector) connector of the IDE Cable?
You could also try setting the jumper to CS (Cable Select) they will work equally well that way.

Jumpers are correctly set. Burning is fine. Think that maybe when two burners are chained together that the DMA is meaningless? Just a thought. Running the latest NVIDIA drivers. Bios is also the latest.

All of my PC's show DMA for all drives.....even with 4 drives.
As long as it works.......:D

Back