• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DMA issues

mac007

I had changed my settings to dma a while ago. I notiiced that my current back up was taking forever. I checked my settings, the system went back to pio on 1 of the primary ide channels: Device 0
Transfer Mode: dma if available
current transfer mode: pio
Device 1

Transfer Mode: dma if available
current transfer mode: ultra dma mode 2
I am not getting a drop down arrow to change the current transfer mode setting to dma . Thanks for any help you can give.

Try uninstalling the drive(s)-reboot and let windows reinstall them. Then check the DMA and reset to DMA Mode if they are in PIO Mode. Windows "should" retain that setting.
It is a possibility that your chipset drivers have been corrupted. If your PC is a custom build, reinstall the INF (chipset) drivers from the MOBO CD or download them from the MOBO manufacturer's site.
You could also try a System Restore from a time when all was working properly.

DMA Settings

Thanks, I deleted it and rebooted and everything is working fine.

Mac007, you might want to keep an eye on this setting since it fell back once it might do it again. If it encounters too many IO errors or fails to negotiate a DMA channel it will fall back to PIO.

Back