• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a Active Adapter 4K@60Hz

So, I still don't know if spending money for a "Certified" HDMI cable makes any difference in the Refresh Rate you can achieve, as opposed to a non-"Certified" cable with the same spec.

The cable can make a difference though "certified" doesn't really mean anything from my experience, especially on Amazon/Ebay etc.
Main thing you need to look for is a 'High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet' if it's that then it should work fine at 4K 60hz.
Make sure you have the right bit depth and color space as HDMI 2.0 has limits to what it can do (eg RGB & 4:4:4 can only display 4K60hz at 8 bit)

These cables work flawlessly for me at all HDMI 2.0 supported resolutions ($10 for 3)

Try AVS Forums has a number of communities and comments.

Ok, thanks sondeterra.

The cable can make a difference though "certified" doesn't really mean anything from my experience, especially on Amazon/Ebay etc.

ddjmagic, that's what I suspected.

I mean the spec for my cabling has all the right "boxes checked" so to speak, as does yours, so I can't imagine official certification would matter.

The cables in your link give you full UHD resolution at 60p using a computer and TV? Good!

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Not going to waste money on getting Certified cables....

Make sure you have the right bit depth and color space as HDMI 2.0 has limits to what it can do (eg RGB & 4:4:4 can only display 4K60hz at 8 bit)

Would these be settings on the TV or on the PC?

T

Yes, not many settings there.

Yeah.

For completeness I should mention that not shown are Color settings for Brightness and Contrast and xvYCC which enables wide-color gamut. xvYCC is on.

But that's it as far as UHD settings go.

My guess is that the HDMI ports are v1.4. You might be best having a look through the HP support forum and see if you can find out as they don't list much in the specs about it.

I agree.

It would be disappointing but it's the only reason that makes sense.

I'll let you know what I find out from HP.

Thanks, man.

T

Back