• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disc's won't play or load times excessive

steviegt

I have been burning disc's with great success over the years until now. I am using all current software and firmware versions. I am and have been using Memorex DL discs. No AnyDVD ro CloneDVD2 problems. If you look at the discs you can see that they burned. In my mid range high end Panasonic Blu-ray player none of the current discs will play. It displays a message that no disc found or cannot play inserted disc. I have a low end(?) Sony BDP-BX1 and half of them will play but takes forever to load. The other half a message displays that cannot play inserted disc or unknown disc. I don't understand what's happening all of a sudden. I have used apprx 2/3 of the blank disc in the stack with no errors. None of the movies are new except Wrath of the Titans and it will not play. Other examples that will not play are The Ten Commandments (2 discs) and Ben Hur (2 discs). John Carter just wouldn't burn at all. 2 discs ruined although it shows in the CSS key archive. So do the others for that matter. .Everything is Region 1 as it should be. All are DVD, not Blu-ray. I use default settings in AnyDVD and CloneDVD2.

how much u willing to bet it's the brand of blanks ur using. Memorex is a 2nd class crappy brand. Up until now you may have been lucky. Try out a set of Verbatim DVD+R's and that problem should pretty much disappear.

how much u willing to bet it's the brand of blanks ur using. Memorex is a 2nd class crappy brand. Up until now you may have been lucky. Try out a set of Verbatim DVD+R's and that problem should pretty much disappear.

Memorex used to be marginal, mostly usable with only a occasional bad blank, but several months ago I started getting batches that not one single blank burned successfully. Add on that Memorex burns started degrading after 6 months I finally listened to all the advice people gave about Verbatim. Yes, Verbatim DatalifePlus blanks aren't cheap, but when cheap discs won't burn you end up wasting money buying lesser quality blanks.

So far Singapore made blanks, Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden, haven't created a single coaster that was not my own dumb fault. I won't be going back to discount manufacturers again.

Thanks. I used to use Verbatim exclusively but like many others money is tight. I thought I would try the cheaper brand and I guess I'm paying the extra price now because of the coasters. I found the Singapore Verbatim DataLife on Amazon for $51.99 with labels and free shipping. I'll be ordering those.

Thanks. I used to use Verbatim exclusively but like many others money is tight. I thought I would try the cheaper brand and I guess I'm paying the extra price now because of the coasters. I found the Singapore Verbatim DataLife on Amazon for $51.99 with labels and free shipping. I'll be ordering those.

I know what you mean about money being tight, but as you found out cheap doesn't always mean less money.

Verbatim's Datalife is good, but DatalifePlus is even better IMO. I tried Datalife before and found some of the burns started to degrade. Not as quickly as Memorex or other cheap brands but a few started not playing without errors. So far my DatalifePlus burns are still very readable, even in a older standalone player that is real finicky about burned DVDs.

My error times 2. They are DataLifePlus and they are $56.95 and free shipping.

Well.....I received the new Singapore DataLifePlus DL discs. I burned Wrath of the Titans with no problems. I just tried to burn Munich and as far as CloneDVD was concerned it was successful. I tried to play it and I got the same error as before. "Cannot read. Please check the disc" I don't get it. This happens on both of my DVD/Blu-ray players. All firmware's are up to date and so is the software. Any suggestions? :bang:

What write speed are you burning the blanks at? What are the blanks rated to burn at? I would suspect you are burning too fast or not at a speed the disc and/or the drive can handle correctly.

I was having playback problems using Verbatim DatalifePlus D/L +R blanks directly related to burning them at faster than the rated speed (which was 2.4x per the cake box label). Even though Imgburn reported the blanks could be written at 2.4x and 4x, writing at 4x was unsuccessful on several blanks when I played them. There were several spots where there were very obvious data write/read errors that were undetected during the burning. I set the write speed to 2.4x and nary a problem.

I just added 2 more coasters to my collection. I had the write speed set to 8x which matches the speed on the label of the disc container. As suggested, I dropped the speed to 2,2.4 but I got another unplayable disc. Could it be my drive in the laptop? If it was, why would CloneDVD show a successful burn? I'm at my wit's end.

Your burner lies

CloneDVD is getting positive feedback from Windows about the WRITE but your drive is lying. Quite simply, it is not writing the data correctly but tells Windows each time "all OK".

Time for better blanks or burner and never burn slower than 4x.

What is the drive in your laptop? And what firmware is it on, you may there's and update available, failing that you could get an external drive for your laptop or a replacement internal drive

Same problem

Im having same problem burning at X6 and all of a sudden i cannot use disc unless on the computer have been using Phillips for about a yr and until recently everything was fine now i have had to trash a whole spindle.50 disc down the drain.

The best luck I've had using cheap blanks for grand kids cartoons is rip to the HDD and use ImgBurn to burn the blank and setting the burn speed to half the media's rated speed and using the Optimum Power Calibration setting in ImgBurn. Different blanks require different laser power settings. I've had good results this way and a DVD doesn't last 6 months when used as a Frisbee anyway.

Back