• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Disc Scanning Message

nitewulf69

I've been using AnyDVD for years. Installed the latest beta 6.7.9.10 and now on startup, I get the message "AnyDVD is scanning the disc; it will be available shortly". Normally, you get the message if you've left a disc in the drive. However, the message is coming up now on pc startup and there is no disc of any kind in either of the 2 drives. Any idea why the message is popping up when there are no discs in the drives? This has never happened before with any version.

Well, I have the Nero 9 Multimedia Suite installed and also CloneDVD and CloneCD, but they have all been installed for many months and never caused the popup message. The only software I've installed recently (except for windows updates) is the CineBench 11.5 benchmark program. I can see by the number of views that no one else seems to have experienced this problem so it most likely is a driver issue on my machine. I'll go back to the last non-beta release of AnyDVD and if the problem is still there I guess I can remove items from startup one by one untill I find the culprit.

Well, I have the Nero 9 Multimedia Suite installed and also CloneDVD and CloneCD, but they have all been installed for many months and never caused the popup message. The only software I've installed recently (except for windows updates) is the CineBench 11.5 benchmark program. I can see by the number of views that no one else seems to have experienced this problem so it most likely is a driver issue on my machine. I'll go back to the last non-beta release of AnyDVD and if the problem is still there I guess I can remove items from startup one by one untill I find the culprit.

We can't help you without an AnyDVD logfile.

We can't help you without an AnyDVD logfile.
What logfile, if he doesn't have a disc in the drive? But then, he did NOT answer the prior poster's question...

Using any iso mounting software at all?
That means something that plays ISOs as a virtual optical drive, like VCD--*not* CloneCD or CloneDVD. Older versions of Nero had an ISO-mounting program, but I think that was eliminated some versions back; I know it's not in Nero 10, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't in Nero 9 either. (Edit: He was probably thinking the program had an ISO mounted and AnyDVD was scanning it. If it's VCD, simply right-click the VCD drive icon in My Computer and choose Virtual CloneDrive > Unmount.)

Last edited:
For some reason, the message has stopped today. No VCD's showing in my computer and no ISO mounting software that I'm aware of. If it happens again, I guess I can put a disc in each drive solely for the purpose of creating a log file. I do notice that clonecd tray v5.3 loads on startup, but you guys said this wouldn't affect anything.

Ok, here are the log files from the empty drives then.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.9.10_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_6.7.9.10_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
Here are log files for each drive with a DVD in them.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.9.10_Info_D_THE_KINGS_SPEECH.zip
    79.3 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_6.7.9.10_Info_E_THE_KINGS_SPEECH.zip
    79.3 KB · Views: 0
Back