• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Directx Problems

AlexDroid

I just purchased the software but I'm having problems installing it. Diretex asks me but it's already installed. Why?

I have quite a few different versions of DX installed, from games and apps that require a specific version installed. I'd suggest installing the DX version CloneBD wants to install, I did it and haven't had any problems with any games or apps that need DX.

Win 10 doesn't have problems with multiple versions of DX installed, each version is installed in its own directory on my Win boot drive or in the game directory.

Ooops, I misspoke. DX is not like so many other MS tools like .NET or the VC++ run time libraries. Now those I have quite the number of different versions installed.

Last edited:
I have quite a few different versions of DX installed, from games and apps that require a specific version installed. I'd suggest installing the DX version CloneBD wants to install, I did it and haven't had any problems with any games or apps that need DX.

Win 10 doesn't have problems with multiple versions of DX installed, each version is installed in its own directory on my Win boot drive or in the game directory.
And how do I do that?

Enter dxdiag in the search box on the left bottom side of your PC. What does it say about your version of DirectX?

It has been a while since I last installed CloneBD, but IRCC just select DirectX as part of the install, it should be the default. Let the installer do the grunt work for you.

cloneBD install.jpg

(I always deselect the Desktop Icon option).

Start the install with the selected options, and choose to view the results. With DX Install selected you see this.

cloneBD install 2.jpg

As you see installing DX is done for you.

Enter dxdiag in the search box on the left bottom side of your PC. What does it say about your version of DirectX?
Running that DX diagnostic tool might not detect the DX version used by CloneBD, it shows the latest version installed. DX from Jun 2010 is most definitely not the latest version.

Just because the install process does say it is installing DX doesn't mean the process actually happened. Part of the DX install process is version checking. If the DX installer detects a newer version of DX already it won't over-write the newer files.

It has been a while since I last installed CloneBD, but IRCC just select DirectX as part of the install, it should be the default. Let the installer do the grunt work for you.

View attachment 77954

(I always deselect the Desktop Icon option).

Start the install with the selected options, and choose to view the results. With DX Install selected you see this.

View attachment 77956

As you see installing DX is done for you.
Too long ago. I didn't remember that the installation also has an option to install DirectX. :giggle:

Back