• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DirectShow helper (estimator?) takes a very long time at startup

vpupkin

Hi, I've been using ReClock for ages, and recently I started to have this issue of files taking quite a while to start playback - I am talking about 30-120 seconds. Looking at ReClock log shows that this is directshow (refresh estimator?) process that is taking this time. It returns the right rate, but takes ages. I believe I've seen some posts with similar problems, but I am not sure if solution / issue has been identified. If I disable directshow estimator, and leave built-in one only, then startup is fast, and on a few files that I tried so far seems to be working fine. So couple of questions here:

- What can be a reason for DS estimator slowdown?
- How can this be fixed (it used to work, but perhaps some updates happened since then)?
- If I disable DS estimator altogether, what am I missing?

I am using ReClock from within MediaPortal; funny thing is if I render the same files in GraphStudioNext, then there is almost no slowdown even with DS estimator enabled.

I am on W7 x64 if that matters, don't use pstrip anymore or refresh rate changes from Reclock (MediaPortal does that). I updated Reclock to the latest version.

Help?

One more thing: it seems that issue manifests itself only with LAV Splitter; if I uninstall it, and default AVI one is used, then there is no significant delay.

Hi,

I revive your post as I'm having the exact same problem, but only when opening a file located on samba share on a Linux Debian machine.

When file is on a Windows machine in a network fileshare, there is no delay.

I use Reclock 1.8.7.9 with MPC-HC, lavfilters, madVR, ffdshow, on Windows 7 Pro 32 bits.

Did you solve this issue ?

You're not having the exact same issue. Op had an issue on win7 yours is a Linux debian machine. 2 different setups 2 different problems. You need to create your own thread and not dig up a year old one.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

The fact is, it seems VERY similar, because :
1) The playback machine using reclock is on Win7
2) It is ReclockHelper.dll (the DS estimator) that shows to hang on startup according to what I see in the task manager
3) Lag on startup is the same 30 to 120sec depending on files

So I hoped this could be very related ...

I confirm : disabling directshow estimator solved the issue, but I still don't know if something is missing now ...

I confirm : disabling directshow estimator solved the issue, but I still don't know if something is missing now ...

When opening a media, ReClock first tries the built-in estimator, and if it fails, switches to dshow estimator.
If you disable the dshow estimator, there might be rare cases where ReClock is unable to detect the framerate.

Back