• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Digital Watermarking

hgf3

Hi,

[Off-topic???]

I came across a DVD from Warner Bros. that was distributed among reviewers. It displayed warnings that the disc is digitally watermarked which can be traced back to whom it was given (distributed) to. It continued to say 'not to rent, copy or duplicate the disc and to destroy it after viewing, etc., etc.' Is this for real? I thought that watermarking was a way to digitally put a copyright on an image, video, digital file, etc.

Anyway, AnyDVD HD did not have any problems making the disc available for copying. Thanks for any feedback.

hgf3

Hi,

[Off-topic???]

I came across a DVD from Warner Bros. that was distributed among reviewers. It displayed warnings that the disc is digitally watermarked which can be traced back to whom it was given (distributed) to. It continued to say 'not to rent, copy or duplicate the disc and to destroy it after viewing, etc., etc.' Is this for real? I thought that watermarking was a way to digitally put a copyright on an image, video, digital file, etc.

Anyway, AnyDVD HD did not have any problems making the disc available for copying. Thanks for any feedback.

hgf3

If I recall this correctly, those type of DVDs are used only when studios want to promote someone that did a film for them for an award such as the Oscars or Emmys. I doubt that the studios would resort to watermarking DVDs that people buy at Best Buy, Amazon, etc. because of the anger from the customers that would create.

The moderators for this forum will know more about this than myself, I'm just stating what I know of from reading and doing some research for a College paper some years back.

If I recall this correctly, those type of DVDs are used only when studios want to promote someone that did a film for them for an award such as the Oscars or Emmys.

Yeah, I'm only aware of screeners (Acadamy Awards dvds) that are watermarked.

Back