• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Different OPDs with MakeMKV installed - re: Cloak and Dagger

The answer only comes with another call of makemkvcon: "makemkvcon -r info disc:1" if 1 is the drive with the disc inserted.
It then reports MSG 1011,0,1: Using Libredrive mode

Are you serious right now? Come on man give me a break! Obviously I f***ing know that. You just don't want to hear what I'm telling you. So I'll ask this AGAIN and this time pay attention.

One of those runs is without a disc in the drive.

The second run is with a disc in the drive and LibreDrive active.

Now, again, WHICH IS WHICH.

I cannot speak for the technical part, but I know what you want to say:
Both are the same (=it is not possible to see what is with LibreDrive, at least in this text?).

I already couln't see any difference when you posted them first and now I just copied the text of A and used Strg+F. It marks A, but also marks B. So both are clearly the same text.

Are you serious right now? Come on man give me a break! Obviously I f***ing know that. You just don't want to hear what I'm telling you. So I'll ask this AGAIN and this time pay attention.

One of those runs is without a disc in the drive.

The second run is with a disc in the drive and LibreDrive active.

What do you want to tell us? Give up? What's wrong with two times invoking makemkvcon?

I cannot speak for the technical part, but I know what you want to say:
Both are the same (=it is not possible to see what is with LibreDrive, at least in this text?).

I already couln't see any difference when you posted them first and now I just copied the text of A and used Strg+F. It marks A, but also marks B. So both are clearly the same text.

That no matter how many times you "run it" the text is always going to be the same...with a disc, without a disc, with libredrive active, without libredrive active. It's always the same so the ONLY thing you can get from that info output is that a drive supports LibreDrive or doesn't. I've said this repeatedly. Some people don't want to listen. So I'm done in this thread.

Huh... That was easy.... Yeah, there is no bulletproof check if Libredrive is active or not. All James can do are as many "sanity checks" as possible. And it works in 99% of the cases unless a makemkv installation is screwed up as it was here.

That no matter how many times you "run it" the text is always going to be the same...with a disc, without a disc, with libredrive active, without libredrive active. It's always the same so the ONLY thing you can get from that info output is that a drive supports LibreDrive or doesn't. I've said this repeatedly. Some people don't want to listen. So I'm done in this thread.
You should take it easier. There are more important things in life that matter. Believe me, I know.

For reference, what MakeMKV key was installed, which kind of key did you install (a bought one/beta key?)

Just to clarify my earlier post, I removed the MakeMKV registry key and upon reinstall it recreated that registry key and its associated subkeys.

To answer your question, I'm currently using the latest beta key which expires on 31 July. I haven't used it much and on this machine I originally installed it back in April(?) to see if MakeMKV could decrypt the Charlie Brown UHD discs; it could not, but I sent in the files which were generated and they worked shorthly thereafter. I also had a beta key installed at that time, but I had uninstalled MakeMKV shortly after, since those discs were working in MakeMKV, until I reinstalled on 18 June. Upon reinstallation it required the latest beta key since the previous one was expired. Here's a screenshot of the MakeMKV about window... it shows one expiration date for the MakeMKV version and another for the beta license key expiration.

Attachments

• MakeMKV.png
    MakeMKV.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 1
And it works... unless a makemkv installation is screwed up as it was here.

But I think that's exactly what James is trying to find -- a test that would have clued him in that with rdodolak's (malfunctioning) installation, makeMKV was not removing bus encryption when called on to do so, a.k.a LibreDrive not active.

Just to clarify my earlier post, I removed the MakeMKV registry key and upon reinstall it recreated that registry key and its associated subkeys.

Cool.

Just curious, it's surely not normal to need to do a registry wipe like that, so have any clue why that was required in this case to completely un-install and "reset" your makeMKV??

T

Just curious, it's surely not normal to need to do a registry wipe like that, so have any clue why that was required in this case to completely un-install and "reset" your makeMKV??

Nope.

:p

Such a strange situation.

Only good thing about this is that everything is working right for you now -- and you've pointed up a certain vulnerability with AnyDVD/makeMKV.

Hopefully it'll lead to more bullet-proofing for AnyDVD...

T
Interesting discussion thread.

I'm happy that my MakeMKV/AnyDVD combo is working fine.

To answer your question, I'm currently using the latest beta key which expires on 31 July. I haven't used it much and on this machine I originally installed it back in April(?) to see if MakeMKV could decrypt the Charlie Brown UHD discs; it could not, but I sent in the files which were generated and they worked shorthly thereafter. I also had a beta key installed at that time, but I had uninstalled MakeMKV shortly after, since those discs were working in MakeMKV, until I reinstalled on 18 June. Upon reinstallation it required the latest beta key since the previous one was expired. Here's a screenshot of the MakeMKV about window... it shows one expiration date for the MakeMKV version and another for the beta license key expiration.
I wonder... I have tested AnyDVD & Libre Drive without registration (no key installed at all) and it worked. Has something changed? Does it stop working, if a beta key expires?

I wonder... I have tested AnyDVD & Libre Drive without registration (no key installed at all) and it worked. Has something changed? Does it stop working, if a beta key expires?
No, nothing has changed. The GUI will stop working but the CLI continues to work (for basic operations like I mentioned above).

Back