• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Different OPDs with MakeMKV installed - re: Cloak and Dagger

rdodolak

Starting a new thread to take the discussion which started with this post.

Now here is something weird. I scan directly from the discs and I had also decided to reinstall MakeMKV 1.16.7 today. I'm also using AnyDVD 8.6.2.0 and AnyDVD Scanner 1.0.8.3. When I had MakeMKV installed, even after a reboot, I was still getting different OPDs for the discs above. Once I removed MakeMKV again, everything was reading as normal.

Attached is the AnyDVD log based on the request from SamuriHL here:

@rdodolak

Follow these directions carefully cause I call nonsense:

1) Temporarily disable AnyDVD for this...
2) Open the disc with MakeMKV, let it scan the disc and leave MakeMKV at the screen where you select the titles. You can just leave MakeMKV here
3) Open ImgBurn, read disc to ISO, and create a protected ISO
4) Remove the original disc
5) Enable AnyDVD
6) Mount the ISO and create a log with AnyDVD

Post the log. I want to see what the hell's going on here cause your drive is a UHD friendly drive so we know LibreDrive works with it. It's been tested a hundred times by now.

Also, here is the new log from AnyDVD scanner when MakeMKV is installed. SamuriHL, the ISO was mounted with the standard windows mount. If you'd like me to mount it another way, let me know.

Code:
Title:    Cloak and Dagger
CoR:    USA US
LABEL:    CloakAndDagger
OPD:    BD_8d86e6b18b61
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
dKoEy7P4lqPoYBdiWOOK4Nued7Snb8seayl3qZh/Ik76r6KPdTvX+gbivB93jybRxdJe3DM5sfxrClOACV4gh6F/99mldQOBlfOev+41C2hK3vNdTbf0iNNbZdQHMO8fQpKGFJ+l0bgXGb0QmVzbXAuqsp9nT56zDpnB+XH1de9+149kNkOCwLiMBIQc7ierc4VCZBz7bWE2hTcduwK4Tlue70iI1+V0IzYs9qT2O4KvFsy9cSTieGR6TAMBEOl6iB5b4e8sr3PzGL5WNgmj7G2VhAQeS4+qpIyC3T+Of5QiG3TsJc11blfjh54c8mZLmv+s2eUVOeIhXj/7OXj0XA==
[/REPORT]
-----

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.0_Info_F_CloakAndDagger.ziplog
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
So this is not an AnyDVD issue. If you look at the log from the ISO, you'll see the same OPD ID as reported in your report above:

BD_8d86e6b18b61

I'm assuming that's the incorrectly generated one as you said that's what you get when MakeMKV is installed, correct? If that's the case and you followed my steps to generate the ISO, MakeMKV is not activating LibreDrive correctly for your drive and that is something you should take up on the MakeMKV forum and have Mike (or whoever) look into why. But I repeat, it's NOT an AnyDVD problem so @James can rest easy.

For fun if you can post a screen shot of MakeMKV with that drive. The info section specifically. Something REALLY screwy is going on there. I'm not sure if I'll be able to figure it out but that might help.

So this is not an AnyDVD issue. If you look at the log from the ISO, you'll see the same OPD ID as reported in your report above:

BD_8d86e6b18b61

I'm assuming that's the incorrectly generated one as you said that's what you get when MakeMKV is installed, correct? If that's the case and you followed my steps to generate the ISO, MakeMKV is not activating LibreDrive correctly for your drive and that is something you should take up on the MakeMKV forum and have Mike (or whoever) look into why. But I repeat, it's NOT an AnyDVD problem so @James can rest easy.

Yes, that is the same OPD which is shown when MakeMKV is installed. What's weird is when MakeMKV was originally installed it produced the same OPD (not this disc specifically)... now upon reinstallation it does not.

For fun if you can post a screen shot of MakeMKV with that drive. The info section specifically. Something REALLY screwy is going on there. I'm not sure if I'll be able to figure it out but that might help.

Is this the one you want?

EDIT: Added second image.

Attachments

• MakeMKV_CandD_2.png
    MakeMKV_CandD_2.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 11
  • MakeMKV_CandD_1.png
    MakeMKV_CandD_1.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Uhhhh there's no libredrive information at all. Your makemkv installation is very broken. I'd uninstall it, make sure everything is deleted, then reinstall it. Cause it should be showing the libredrive information.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Uhhhh there's no libredrive information at all. Your makemkv installation is very broken. I'd uninstall it, make sure everything is deleted, then reinstall it. Cause it should be showing the libredrive information.

I just noticed that too. Any guides on what to remove...something in registry maybe? I've been doing a normal uninstall and reinstall, but I'm guessing something is remaining and not getting removed.

EDIT: Got it! Removed the MakeMKV key under the SOFTWARE section of HKEY_USERS and reinstalled and LibreDrive is now working.

I'm now getting the correct OPD. Thanks for the support.

Last edited:
I just noticed that too. Any guides on what to remove...something in registry maybe? I've been doing a normal uninstall and reinstall, but I'm guessing something is remaining and not getting removed.

EDIT: Got it! Removed the MakeMKV key under the SOFTWARE section of HKEY_USERS and reinstalled and LibreDrive is now working.

I'm now getting the correct OPD. Thanks for the support.
For reference, what MakeMKV key was installed, which kind of key did you install (a bought one/beta key?)

But I repeat, it's NOT an AnyDVD problem so @James can rest easy.
If AnyDVD cannot detect this and wrong hashes are generated, I cannot rest easy. :(
The "non illegal" region of the drive would be a hint, but this check won't work with Pioneer drives. @SamuriHL if you have any idea for a sanity check (the MakeMKV output is embedded in the AnyDVD log)...

If AnyDVD cannot detect this and wrong hashes are generated, I cannot rest easy.

Ouch!

Good point. :=(

The "non illegal" region of the drive would be a hint, but this check won't work with Pioneer drives.

Maybe you could at least use this check for the non-Pio's and remove that vulnerability until a general check that includes the Pio's can be found?

T

Last edited:
If AnyDVD cannot detect this and wrong hashes are generated, I cannot rest easy. :(
The "non illegal" region of the drive would be a hint, but this check won't work with Pioneer drives. @SamuriHL if you have any idea for a sanity check (the MakeMKV output is embedded in the AnyDVD log)...
I'll take a look and give it some thought but unfortunately there's not a lot of hints from makemkv. I'll see what I can find.

The region check will also work with Pioneer drives. If invoked like this: makemkvcon f -d E: --info there are these messages:
8005: DVD all regions

and the status for it

8100: Yes

Works with LG and Pioneer drives.

The region check will also work with Pioneer drives. If invoked like this: makemkvcon f -d E: --info there are these messages:
8005: DVD all regions

and the status for it

8100: Yes

Works with LG and Pioneer drives.
I mean the illegal drive region code (Drive Region 1 2 3 4 5 6...). You can check the AnyDVD status window to see it.

I mean the illegal drive region code (Drive Region 1 2 3 4 5 6...). You can check the AnyDVD status window to see it.
I know but is the "8100: Yes" not equivalent to that? And for both Pios and LGs? Makemkv would not report "Yes" if it can't make the drive region free and this means at the same time that Libredrive has done it's job to do so.

I know but is the "8100: Yes" not equivalent to that? And for both Pios and LGs? Makemkv would not report "Yes" if it can't make the drive region free and this means at the same time that Libredrive has done it's job to do so.
I don't see "8100: Yes" in any logfile. Probably I'm not logging it. Bummer.

You need to check these things both on a LibreDrive compatible drive AND a non-LibreDrive compatible drive to ensure it's really unique to LibreDrive drives and that it changes once LibreDrive is ACTUALLY active.

For a LiteOn drive it just results in: SDF drive tool not present.

For a LG BH10LS30 SDF is working but does report 8013: Status Possible, might be supported but not likely soon. No 8015 message and no 8005 and 8100 messages.

I think you do not understand the point or issue. I'm going to give you two different output from my Pioneer drive. Tell me which one had a disc in the drive and is LibreDrive enabled:

A:
Code:
SDF.bin version: 0x008D
Drive Tool SDF present
Drive Specific SDF present
[Drive Specific SDF] Embedded Info Strings:
8000:LibreDrive Information
8013:Status
8105:Enabled
8001:Drive platform
:RS8F01
8015:Firmware name
:PIONEER BDR-212T
8002:Firmware type
8106:Original (unpatched)
8003:Firmware version
:1.01/ID58
8005:DVD all regions
8100:Yes
8006:BD raw data read
8007:BD raw metadata read
8009:Unrestricted read speed
[Drive Specific SDF] Embedded Status Message:
8099:Using LibreDrive mode (v%1 id=%2)
:01.0
:CD721A59C477
Identification SDF present
[Identification SDF] Embedded Info Strings:
8102:Possible, not yet enabled
:Pioneer RS8F01
:ID58
[Identification SDF] Drive autodetect string:
pioneer:SAT :8F01:ID58:    :PIONEER :BD-RW   BDR-212U1.01: 20/07/21  :-

B:
Code:
Drive Tool SDF present

So which one is LibreDrive'd? A or B?

I'll take a look and give it some thought but unfortunately there's not a lot of hints from makemkv. I'll see what I can find.

I don't see anything obvious, unfortunately. I'll keep digging, but, as what I just posted demonstrates, it ain't going to be with that info output.

I think you do not understand the point or issue. I'm going to give you two different output from my Pioneer drive. Tell me which one had a disc in the drive and is LibreDrive enabled:

A:
Code:
Drive Tool SDF present

B:
Code:
Drive Tool SDF present

So which one is LibreDrive'd? A or B?
The answer only comes with another call of makemkvcon: "makemkvcon -r info disc:1" if 1 is the drive with the disc inserted.
It then reports MSG 1011,0,1: Using Libredrive mode

Back