• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Device.ini for Kodak Digital Photo Frame SV811

TheKid

Hi SlySoft Developers,

LOVE YOUR APP! Fantastic creation and great evolution over time! :clap:

I recently purchased a Kodak Digital Photo Frame SV811 -- since photo frames have now gotten to the point where they actually look good. I think a lot of people will be getting these this holiday season; and, most all now play video. My guess is many (of the frame's guts) are manufactured by similar companies and then the brands are just thrown on there, so that leads to the specs. . .

The specs suggested that it played video (MPEG-1, MPEG-4, AVI, & MOV). The latter two being container formats doesn't really help much (what codecs?!?); my testing showed that the frame didn't play ANYTHING but MPEG-1 with Layer-2 audio. I've seen many trying to figure out just WHAT VIDEO this and all the other frames (which all list similar video specs.) play.

Again, MPEG-1, Layer-2 seems to be all the thing will handle. I played around yesterday to create a profile for CloneDVDMobile to just get the basic job done. (I don't know too much of mencoder or libavcodec, but. . .) It creates a file, works on the frame, but I KNOW it is far from ideal. For example, it doesn't allow the bitrate to be set in the UI and doesn't allow for all the creative scaling/cropping in the UI either, but alas, it works.

For those out there that want to play video (movies) on your Photo Frames (yes, why I dont know?! I did it for the geek factor of being able to do it and AT LEAST figure out what formats the frame did handle) here's the entry for your 'device.ini':

Code:
[Kodak Digital Photo Frame SV811]
Manufacturer=Kodak
Res1=704x400
ResAna1=704x400
mopts=-mpegopts format=mpeg1 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg1video:vrc_buf_size=900:keyint=15:vrc_maxrate=4000:vbitrate=1800 -vf crop=704:362 acodec=mp2
Format=mpeg
FileType=mpg
ARate=44100
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Quality=30
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=4000

Now. . . SlySoft developers or others out there with time and knowledge of mencoder and lbavcodec, can you look at this and recommend what could be done to it to allow the bitrate slider to work properly and also what could be done to allow the scale/crop to operate properly? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

I don't think the profile would be bad to add to the application. These frames certainly are becoming common. I think most handle the same video formats, and some out there just might want to rip their "family DVDs" to something that the frame(s) could play.

Thanks for any help! And, I hope this might assist someone out there.

Peace!

-- The Kid

Last edited:
Device.ini for Kodak Digital Photo Frame

Forgot to mention, this would work for ALL the Kodak Photo Frames. . . the 8 and 10 inch models, and their wireless equivalents.

Don't forget, for now, settings such as resolution and bitrate must be made manually in the INI entry. I'm asking for a little assistance from the SlySoft Dev Team :bowdown: in allowing the profile to be used in conjunction with the UI -- for bitrate and scale/crop.

The native resolution of the Kodak SV811 is 800x480, so presently, scale to that or whatever other native resolution you have. My original profile is at a lower resolution as the Kodak frame will scale; I saved bits when encoding by using the smaller frame size.

Last edited:
Video on a Photo Frame -- Are you NUTS?!?

As I suspected. . . not much interest in playing videos on a photo frame! :agree:

Either way. . . if any "expert" with mencoder or libavcodec can offer any other suggestions for the INI entry, it would much appreciated. I'd like to be able to have my wife's parents be able to take the DVD's they had made of old Super8 and be able to throw them on the frame.

Again, I'm there already, but it's not the best way, but the easiest way for the layman. That's for sure!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

give this a try, should work:

Code:
[Kodak Digital Photo Frame SV811]
Manufacturer=Kodak
Res1=704x400
ResAna1=704x400
mopts=-mpegopts format=mpeg1 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg1video:vrc_buf_size=900:keyint=15:vbitrate=%vbrate% -vf crop=704:362 acodec=mp2
Format=mpeg
FileType=mpg
ARate=44100
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Quality=30
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=4000
vbrate=600

Back