• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

desperate housewives season 4

That looks ugly.

You're using Anydvd at default settings right?

Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "Default". click "ok".

In the meantime, I'm going to send a private message to a Slysoft developer.

Last edited:
i'm using anydvd 6.4.6.5 & clonedvd 2.9.1.9. i can backup any of the 5 orginal discs to my hd. compressed to dvd 5 or uncompressed to dvd 9, but they will not play on my computer or play right on my dvd players. even the orginal discs will not play on my computer. the opening of the dvd keeps looping.

Just out of curiosity what happens if you enable Remove annoying adverts and trailers and then set it to Jump directly to Title Menu. Does it bypass the problem or do you still have the same issue? Try playing directly from the DVD drive that way.

Last edited:
I had no problem whatsoever with this Title (Region 1). Discs 1,2,3, I used CloneCD with DL's. Disc 4, I used CloneDVD SL with 93% quality. Disc 5, just about to backup.

Watch first 3 backups, all played fine. No looping. We'll be watching Disc 4 backup tonight.

I had no problem whatsoever with this Title (Region 1). Discs 1,2,3, I used CloneCD with DL's.

Hmm . . .

Yeah, but do you have "remove annoying adverts and trailers" enabled in Anydvd? If so, that's the reason why you didn't have problems.

Post an Anydvd log .zip file please using Anydvd 6.4.6.5

Anyway, I believe the issue is with Clonedvd or with "rip video dvd to harddisk" when doing a full disc backup (trailers, menus, everything). Anydvd must not be set to "remove annoying adverts and trailers" if you want to duplicate this issue.

Last edited:
I, again haven't updated Anydvd for some time. Was using 6.4.5.6.

I would rip to hd, but I don't have enough space left. :bang: Finding it difficult to delete these from HD :eek:

Disc 5:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.6)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 000630054152LF5257
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 3318512 sectors (6481 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DH4-0N-NT5.1_DES
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 11 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Disc 3

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.5.6)
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B 0L23 0BLCA04/06/19
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.

Total size: 3349984 sectors (6542 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DHWIVESS4D3USA6LB2_DES
Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed 19 potential bad sector protections!

I'll update to 6.4.6.5 and see if the info is the same.

I'll update to 6.4.6.5 and see if the info is the same.

1. click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6465.exe

Install. You may need to reboot

• Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  • Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  • Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  • Select "Create Logfile".
  • Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  • A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  • Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  • You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  • When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  • If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  • A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  • Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  • Click "upload".
  • Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

3. Please let me know if you had "Remove annoying adverts and trailers' enabled in Anydvd. That may explain why you didn't have issues (because Anydvd would have skipped by the problem).

Info on 6.4.6.5 appears to be the same:

Disc 5

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.5)
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B 0L23 0BLCA04/06/19
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a DVD.

Total size: 3318512 sectors (6481 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DH4-0N-NT5.1_DES
Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed 11 potential bad sector protections!

Disc 3

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.6.5)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A106 000630054152LF5257
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.

Total size: 3349984 sectors (6542 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DHWIVESS4D3USA6LB2_DES
Media is CSS protected!

UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed 19 potential bad sector protections!

Okay, unfortunately, that's not really providing me with the info I want.

Info on 6.4.6.5 appears to be the same:

Now play that disc from your DVD drive with PowerDVD7 or PowerDVD8. Don't skip directly to the Title Menu. Do you have a problem with the ads and trailers preceding the Title Menu? Can you reach the Title Menu by playing through the stuff?

Now play that disc from your DVD drive with PowerDVD7 or PowerDVD8. Don't skip directly to the Title Menu. Do you have a problem with the ads and trailers preceding the Title Menu? Can you reach the Title Menu by playing through the stuff?

Sorry, all I have is Power Dvd 5 and 6.

Power Dvd 5:

Original Disc 1 with ads and trailers has no problems playing right through to Title menu with AnyDvd disabled. However, with Anydvd 6.4.6.5 enabled, play gets to Title Set 22 (Lost trailer) plays to the end then stops dead. Goes to Power Dvd start screen.

Power Dvd 6:

This is on my laptop. Anydvd 6.4.3.2 enabled: play stutters a bit at the beginning but then plays fine to menu.

Original Disc 1 plays fine in Toshiba HD-XA2.

Sorry, all I have is Power Dvd 5 and 6.

Power Dvd 5:

Original Disc 1 with ads and trailers has no problems playing right through to Title menu with AnyDvd disabled. However, with Anydvd 6.4.6.5 enabled, play gets to Title Set 22 (Lost trailer) plays to the end then stops dead. Goes to Power Dvd start screen.

Power Dvd 6:

This is on my laptop. Anydvd 6.4.3.2 enabled: play stutters a bit at the beginning but then plays fine to menu.

Original Disc 1 plays fine in Toshiba HD-XA2.

You confirmed my suspicion. This protection appears to be the same or very similar to Eli Stone (Season 1). I experienced it dying right before it gets to the menus and right after the Lost trailer. Thank you for confirming this.

The temporary workaround is to set AnyDVD to Jump directly to Title Menu but this issue should be resolved sometime soon. :)

You confirmed my suspicion. This protection appears to be the same or very similar to Eli Stone (Season 1). I experienced it dying right before it gets to the menus and right after the Lost trailer. Thank you for confirming this.

The temporary workaround is to set AnyDVD to Jump directly to Title Menu but this issue should be resolved sometime soon. :)

Ok, I have a slightly different behavior: Disc 1 plays fine with both PDVD7 and 8 (I have neither 5 or 6). No difference between AnyDVD enabled or disabled.

Disc 2 runs the screens at the beginning and then simply stops right after the FBI warning, with AnyDVD enabled.

Jump to main menu works though.

Seems to be the AI scanner, I'll find out...

fixed

Ok, thank you all - problem identified and solved.
Fix will be coming up these days...

Back