• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dark Night problem

TerSans

A new DVD, which plays ok on both computer and in home theater DVD player, refuses to let me make a copy with with CloneDVD2 or CloneDVD Mobile. AnyDVD has apparently no problem (generates but both CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile give the error message "VOB read error. Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" and then tells me to clean media and try again.
CloneDVD2 give the same read error but also stated the "system cannot read from the specified device" and again tells me to clean the surface and try again.

Have never had this problem before and as I said the disk is brand new and plays perfectly in computer using same DVD drive and Windows Media Player. Tried another relative new DVD and no problem with. Am trying to copy to hard disk and not a DVD disk.

Any ideas would be appreciated. :bowdown:

Make sure you are using the latest software versions.

AnyDVD 6.4.9.1. beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=23870
CloneDVD 2.9.2.0: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

Post the exact error message, please.

Post AnyDVD log files:

1. Ensure AnyDVD is running.
  2. Put the problematic original movie DVD in your burner. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc.
  3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
  4. Select "Create Logfile".
  5. Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
  6. A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
  7. Go to your "My Documents" folder.
  8. You will see a ZIP file called "AnyDVD_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
  9. When replying or posting in the SlySoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
  10. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  11. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't, please ensure your browser is configured to allow pop-ups from the SlySoft forum).
  12. Click the "Browse" button and locate and select the ZIP file you created.
  13. Click "upload".
  14. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the ZIP file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

Post CloneDVD log files:

attachment.php

1. In the white area under the tab labelled "Log", right click and select "save as".
  2. Select where you want to save the log, and then save it.
  3. The log will be a .txt file. Zip it up using Winzip or another program. If the text file is small enough, you should be able to upload it anyway. Otherwise, use Winzip.
  4. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    attach.gif
    (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
  5. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
  6. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
  7. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file (or .txt file) that you created.
  8. click "upload"
  9. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

A new DVD, which plays ok on both computer and in home theater DVD player, refuses to let me make a copy with with CloneDVD2 or CloneDVD Mobile. AnyDVD has apparently no problem (generates but both CloneDVD and CloneDVD Mobile give the error message "VOB read error. Data error (cyclic redundancy check)" and then tells me to clean media and try again.
CloneDVD2 give the same read error but also stated the "system cannot read from the specified device" and again tells me to clean the surface and try again.

Have never had this problem before and as I said the disk is brand new and plays perfectly in computer using same DVD drive and Windows Media Player. Tried another relative new DVD and no problem with. Am trying to copy to hard disk and not a DVD disk.

Any ideas would be appreciated. :bowdown:

Most all defective disks play perfectly well. A CRC error usually indicates a bad disk. I'd exchange it.

-W

Batman dark knight

What i had to do my friend was i had dvd ghost on my pc with clone and i had to go threw ghost to put it on the hard drive, then after i went to clone and where it says browse on the next screen after u want menu or menu minus then search for the file on browse an went threw like a normal dvd and u put ur blank in and u got it alright pimp. Til next time,

Hmmm.....

All software are current versions. AnyDVD has no problem. It reads the disk and does it's thing. The Log file in both CloneDVD2 and CloneDVD mobile is almost exactly the same:

13:33:15 Processing started
13:33:48 Processing stopped: E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1: READ ERROR

All software are current versions. AnyDVD has no problem. It reads the disk and does it's thing. The Log file in both CloneDVD2 and CloneDVD mobile is almost exactly the same:

13:33:15 Processing started
13:33:48 Processing stopped: E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1: READ ERROR

I requested that you post both logs files and gave instructions on how to create and post them. Please post them. Post the ZIP file for the AnyDVD log and zip up the txt file containing the CloneDVD log, please.

AnyDVD file upload

As requested

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_DARK_NIGHT.zip
    112.1 KB · Views: 6
As requested

OMG: AnyDVD 6.4.8.5
Time to update. How about enabling the automatic update notification? Would save you and us a lot of time and trouble.

As requested

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.8.5)
TSSTCORP DVD+-RW TS-H653B D200 0705
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Update to AnyDVD 6.4.9.1 beta: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=23870.

Make sure you are using CloneDVD 2.9.2.0: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.8.5)

Set your DVD drive region:

1. Right click the red fox on your systray
  2. Exit AnyDVD
  3. Click Start.
  4. Right click on My Computer
    [*]Select Properties
    [*]Click on the Hardware tab
    [*]Click the Device Manager button.
    [*]Open the DVD/CD-ROM branch
    [*]Right-click on your optical drive
    [*]Click Properties
    [*]You should have a DVD Region tab.
    [*]Select the region in which you live
    [*]Click OK and exit the Device Manager
    [*]Start AnyDVD

When creating the backup if you are compressing to an SL DVD (DVD5) remove one or two of the unnecessary audio streams. If you are making a full-disc DVD9 backup you can just copy the whole thing.

Last edited:
Ok

I guess I am just slow here but I have never set my region since I have owned AnyDVD (some years now) and have never had a problem. AnyDVD does not seem to be the problem here. I have use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and Clone DVD mobile right up until I got The Dark Night without any problems whatsoever. I attach the AnyDVD log again here (sorry sent you old log before) and AnyDVD reports it has stripped out the protections without problems.

When I use either CloneDVD2 or CloneDVD mobile the process starts and then stops while I did not attach the log file I reported exactly what was on the log file for CloneDVD2.

I guess I am just going to settle that it is somehow a bad disk and get a new one to see what will happen.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_DARK_NIGHT.zip
    86.3 KB · Views: 2
I guess I am just slow here but I have never set my region since I have owned AnyDVD (some years now) and have never had a problem.

People say this all the time. That's all well and good but it's irrelevant. There are a plethora of cases in these forums where we've told someone to set their drive region and their problem went away. We didn't have them do anything else.

Not having your drive region set can result in titlekeys being improperly obtained and when this happens there are problems removing CSS which in turn causes a problem making a backup. This is a fact. There is empirical evidence.

I'm suggesting that you do this to prevent problems, period. I cannot stress enough to everyone to just set your drive region right after installing it. You'll only need to set it once and then never worry about it again.

AnyDVD does not seem to be the problem here. I have use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 and Clone DVD mobile right up until I got The Dark Night without any problems whatsoever. I attach the AnyDVD log again here (sorry sent you old log before) and AnyDVD reports it has stripped out the protections without problems.

When I use either CloneDVD2 or CloneDVD mobile the process starts and then stops while I did not attach the log file I reported exactly what was on the log file for CloneDVD2.

I guess I am just going to settle that it is somehow a bad disk and get a new one to see what will happen.

A number of notes from your logs:

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to Title 1!

You have Remove annoying adverts & trailers enabled. When trying to troubleshoot having this enabled doesn't help the process. This setting does not always work. In some cases it makes no difference in the playback. In some cases it actually makes a backup unwatchable. Please, while we try to resolve your problem, disable this setting.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.9.0)

You didn't update or set the drive region as I instructed you to do.

bus ec99b72cdb
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:4
authenticate_drive: obtain 1
agid 3
disc 2b36e4e9d7
report titlekey failed, sense 5:6f:2
authenticate_drive: obtain 1
agid 3

There are problems obtaining titlekeys according to the logs. I specifically mentioned how not setting your drive region can cause problems at the beginning of this post.

Please, if you wish to obtain help and resolve your problem do what you are instructed to do. It's a waste of my and other peoples' time to help if you don't.

I'm trying to help you.

Last edited:
Back