• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dark Knight HELP needed

bigfoot316

Haveing real trouble Copying Dark Knight it gets to 99 % then craps out..Is there any menus or anything i need to not copy..Have tried alot of different ways to do it havent worked yet...Anyones help would be greatly appericated

Haveing real trouble Copying Dark Knight it gets to 99 % then craps out..Is there any menus or anything i need to not copy..Have tried alot of different ways to do it havent worked yet...Anyones help would be greatly appericated

Using CloneDVD? Do you need the Spanish and French audio tracks? If not, deselect them. This will work (and improve the video quality). Please read the CloneDVD manual.

It also helps to uncheck the spanish and french subtitles. (doing just the movie helps alot too if you just have the widescreen version of the movie) Uncheck the the french and spanish audio and it will burn perfect.

It also helps to uncheck the spanish and french subtitles. (doing just the movie helps alot too if you just have the widescreen version of the movie) Uncheck the the french and spanish audio and it will burn perfect.

Removing the subtitles won't help at all if you don't remove one or two of the audio streams. It's removing one or two of the audio streams that resolves the issue with creating a SL DVD (DVD5) backup.

Last edited:
Uncheck the the french and spanish audio and it will burn perfect. -Litlbit2001

That is what I said, but if you also delete the french and spanish subtitles the quality goes up more I guess.

Uncheck the the french and spanish audio and it will burn perfect. -Litlbit2001

That is what I said, but if you also delete the french and spanish subtitles the quality goes up more I guess.

The amount of space subtitles take up is miniscule. Compare for yourself to see the difference. If you do a full-disc backup to DVD-5 it is 52% quality. If you do a full-disc backup minus all subtitles to DVD-5 the quality is still 52%. Removing the subtitles doesn't impact the quality or if it does the difference is less than 1% and not enough to show a difference when analyzing.

The Dark Night is such a big movie I'll never understand people not eliminating *everything* that's not needed. And since there is no bonus material, that means everything but the Main Movie with the English audio track. The "I want it all" attitude works against people trying to back up a DVD-9 onto a DVD-5. How badly are you really gonna miss all the warnings, a couple trailers, and a menu that leads to nothing but the Main Movie?.

-W

It does make a difference if you want to burn THE DARK KNIGHT successfully. I tried without deleting the french and spanish audio and it crapped out a 99% like it did for another person. Once I deleted the french and spanish audio. (I also have no need for the french and spanish subtitles, but I do keep the english.) I was able to back it up perfectly. I don't need all that extra stuff, expecially if it's just the widescreen version without bonus material.

uncheck the spanish & french audio streams when using clone dvd. You will get a perfect copy.

The Dark Night is such a big movie I'll never understand people not eliminating *everything* that's not needed.

The price of dual layer media is so cheap I'll never understand why people still copy discs and eliminate anything instead of making a 100% bit-for-bit clone of the original.

The price of dual layer media is so cheap I'll never understand why people still copy discs and eliminate anything instead of making a 100% bit-for-bit clone of the original.
I remove trailer ads etc, and only leave english audio streams, and I keep the special features etc, so all up almost 100%

1. Because burned DL's are even more finiky than burned SL's.

2. Because I never considered commercials and ads "extra value".

3. Because DL media still costs 3x SL media, and when you compare that to a DVD-5/9 ratio something still smells.

-W

Back