• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

D+ Remastered Aspect Ratio

cartman0208

D+ has a switch to disable the remastered aspect ratio for older TV series (e.g. Simpsons) to view content in the original AR.
Is is possible to apply that setting in AS?
The download will probably still be 16:9, but with black bars on the sides (and not cropped and stretched to fit 16:9)

D+ has a switch to disable the remastered aspect ratio for older TV series (e.g. Simpsons) to view content in the original AR.
Is is possible to apply that setting in AS?
The download will probably still be 16:9, but with black bars on the sides (and not cropped and stretched to fit 16:9)

The 4:3 option for The Simpsons is a setting on the Disney+ website and at least based on my testing carries over to AnyStream. While the drop down only shows 16:9 the downloaded episodes themselves do have the black bars on the sides. I just tested it with an episode from season 1 and got the original 4:3 ratio with black bars.

The 4:3 option for The Simpsons is a setting on the Disney+ website and at least based on my testing carries over to AnyStream. While the drop down only shows 16:9 the downloaded episodes themselves do have the black bars on the sides. I just tested it with an episode from season 1 and got the original 4:3 ratio with black bars.

Confirmed.
The setting needs to be done on the D+ web page.
Once done you'll get the original aspect ratio, with the black bars, left and right.

The setting needs to be done on the D+ web page.
I want to use this to share my "disagreement" or maybe better dislike for the fact that you wrote your own UI for NF and D+.
To be more clear it is not a disagreement about the own solution itself (since it might has been a necessary thing to make it even work) but only that some things are not possible with this.
For example on NF I currently have to use the browser along with AS to add or remove something from my list, to like something or to even see if something is on the list or not. Also it is not possible to access the site "my list". Yes, you have the sidescrolling bar with my list stuff, but on the main page inside the browser you can access my list itself as a page like you can on Amz.
Also the main page shows how long a movie or episode is, I haven't seen this on AS.
This is a bit annoying for me.
Can you add this (back) to AS?

The same might occur to D+ and the 4:3 switch mentioned in this thread, but I never used D+ yet, so I cannot talk about this. But I assume that it is also not possible there.

It did not carry over when I created that post ... thanks to the devs for implementing this :thankyou:

It did not carry over when I created that post ... thanks to the devs for implementing this :thankyou:
Maybe you have to refresh the page, same like when you bought something, to get access or to make the changes happen.

I want to use this to share my "disagreement" or maybe better dislike for the fact that you wrote your own UI for NF and D+.
To be more clear it is not a disagreement about the own solution itself (since it might has been a necessary thing to make it even work) but only that some things are not possible with this.
For example on NF I currently have to use the browser along with AS to add or remove something from my list, to like something or to even see if something is on the list or not. Also it is not possible to access the site "my list". Yes, you have the sidescrolling bar with my list stuff, but on the main page inside the browser you can access my list itself as a page like you can on Amz.
Also the main page shows how long a movie or episode is, I haven't seen this on AS.
This is a bit annoying for me.
Can you add this (back) to AS?

The same might occur to D+ and the 4:3 switch mentioned in this thread, but I never used D+ yet, so I cannot talk about this. But I assume that it is also not possible there.

Wrong person. I do not work for redfox.
I also do not write or wrote any UI.
This was my identification how it works after testing to download the Simpsons.

Wrong person. I do not work for redfox.
I also do not write or wrote any UI.
This was my identification how it works after testing to download the Simpsons.
What? I know this. This is a message to the devs. I only referred to your post to connect to the topic.

Can't believe I just found this. Doh! Gonna have to go back and re-fetch all the Simpsons episodes again from D+ now, in 4:3 now that I know how to set the proper aspect ratio on D+ website.

I'll say it again... Doh!

doh-homer-computer500x295.jpg

Last edited:
i dont see that option anywhere on d+ webpage. not in account settings, not when playing in browser...

You have to go directly to the Simpsons page and then click on "Details". There is a slider that lets you choose Original Aspect Ratio.
I don't like that this seems to be a "per series" setting instead of a global profile setting. So one always has to use the web page to look for an old series if it has this slider before using AnyStream for download.

Thank you Kerry for bringing this up. I already wondered why I couldn't choose aspect ratio in AnyStream but missed this thread when it was new.

i dont see that option anywhere on d+ webpage. not in account settings, not when playing in browser...

Go to the series Info page - the Episodes tab will be dispalyed - click "Details" to see the Aspect Ratio slider... turn it off and you're all set.

upload_2021-11-25_12-54-47.png

Go to the series Info page - the Episodes tab will be dispalyed - click "Details" to see the Aspect Ratio slider... turn it off and you're all set.

lol, what a tarded place to put that option. thanks. so, every time an old show is being selected, i have to go to details and turn remastered off? and here i was thinking such an option will be global and somewhere in the account preferences.

lol, what a tarded place to put that option. thanks. so, every time an old show is being selected, i have to go to details and turn remastered off? and here i was thinking such an option will be global and somewhere in the account preferences.

Yeah - guess it's nice to have the option to have each show with it's own settings, but a universal option would be ideal to use as a default so every show wouldn't have to me monkeyed with. User-hostile interface design. Oh well.

I like your choice for your member pic - Man in a Box, Sea of Sorrow, I Know Somethin (bout you)... good metal/grunge music memories, that

Back