• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

D+ - Couldn't retrieve playlist. The title may not be available or requires payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NeedToKnow

Was grabbing a couple of episodes to watch offline, then received this error:

Couldn't retrieve playlist. The title may not be available or requires payment.

Immediately tried the same episode again (so no restart of AS) and it succeeded.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.2.0.astlog
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
I don't use D+ but it seems I've sometimes gotten this sometimes when I get a little too quick on the trigger finger. Wait a moment before you click on the download button after selecting a title or after a page load.

Another error I just got. Left for a while to do other things and when I started the next episode I got:

"First stage stream initialization failed" and that was followed by "Initialization error" once I acknowledged the first message.

Naturally, each of the errors consumes a token, even though nothing has been downloaded.

Another error I just got. Left for a while to do other things and when I started the next episode I got:

"First stage stream initialization failed" and that was followed by "Initialization error" once I acknowledged the first message.

Naturally, each of the errors consumes a token, even though nothing has been downloaded.

They must be onto you buddy... Now might be a good time to sell the house and go underground for a few years until this whole thing blows over.;)

They must be onto you buddy... Now might be a good time to sell the house and go underground for a few years until this whole thing blows over.;)

Just stick to the facts. Don't try to be smart.
The reports and logs are for the developers to interpreted to see how they can make the product better and more stable.

Just stick to the facts. Don't try to be smart.
The reports and logs are for the developers to interpreted to see how they can make the product better and more stable.
Someone's panties are in a wad.

Enough, behave or don't post at all.

If a teeny joke is not behaving then you've all def seen the last of me.

I totally understand. You guys must've thought that me making light of a situation meant that the devs weren't going to look at the log files. Makes sense. Good luck with that.

I understood the joke nature, but the other person didn't or it wasn't appreciated. That was pretty clear from the response. You just had to do it again then. Hence me saying "behave". If it wasn't appreciated the first time, it certainly won't be the 2nd time you do it.

How does one know if it's consuming a token?

I get this error frequently but never realized if it was consuming a token or not since the d/l never initialized.

I get this error frequently but never realized if it was consuming a token or not since the d/l never initialized.

Because I was at the limit of tokens available. After the failure, when I tried again it informed me that I now have to wait x number of minutes before attempting to download again. Indicating that there were no tokens left at that point.
When I then waited the time (plus a couple of minutes extra) the next download worked. I also knew that I should then give it a rest to build up tokens again to continue downloading the rest of the show (and its seasons).

I'm continually amazed at this obsession about tokens.

Don't be. It is a thing. People do care about it. Maybe not you, but I'm sure there are things you care about which others couldn't care one iota about. That's life.

I'm amazed people are amazed that others care about the number of tokens still available to plan their downloads.

No one should ever use up the token limit, you are paying for the service download them when your tokens are refilled. Nobody can watch 100s of movies a week. I don't even care if they are cartoons. Watch with your subscription and then download them at your leisure.

No one should ever use up the token limit, you are paying for the service download them when your tokens are refilled. Nobody can watch 100s of movies a week. I don't even care if they are cartoons. Watch with your subscription and then download them at your leisure.

I'm not worried about them at all - If i were to hit the limit, so be it. I'm just curious as to if a failed initialization of a d/l actually uses one or not. I would think it doesn't, but i'm not the developer so I wouldn't know.

Trust me, I sleep fine at night knowing what AS can and can't do. Like I said, I get that same error but just clear it and try again and it works if you give it a second or two to load the screen before just clicking through. If the error consumes one, so be it - how would the original poster know if it does or doesn't?

I'm not worried about them at all - If i were to hit the limit, so be it. I'm just curious as to if a failed initialization of a d/l actually uses one or not. I would think it doesn't, but i'm not the developer so I wouldn't know.

Trust me, I sleep fine at night knowing what AS can and can't do. Like I said, I get that same error but just clear it and try again and it works if you give it a second or two to load the screen before just clicking through. If the error consumes one, so be it - how would the original poster know if it does or doesn't?
I have no idea as I have never come close to the limit.

Perhaps I should have explained better - I don't understand the obsession because: 1) it was explained to us all before buying, and 2) even with that, there are dozens of posts about people being unhappy with it (and likewise people saying they are fine with it), 3) many posts explaining it again, and again, and again, and last, 4) the developer's have said it is not going to change.

I understand that people care, no doubt more than I do. But I don't understand why the same things get rehashed ad nauseum.

Now - crashing when you have reached your token limit is one thing. Consuming a token when it should not have may be a valid complaint; petty, but valid. And a token counter would be nice - but harping on it won't make it happen. A counter has already been considered.

Perhaps I should have explained better - I don't understand the obsession because: 1) it was explained to us all before buying, and 2) even with that, there are dozens of posts about people being unhappy with it (and likewise people saying they are fine with it), 3) many posts explaining it again, and again, and again, and last, 4) the developer's have said it is not going to change.

I understand that people care, no doubt more than I do. But I don't understand why the same things get rehashed ad nauseum.

Now - crashing when you have reached your token limit is one thing. Consuming a token when it should not have may be a valid complaint; petty, but valid. And a token counter would be nice - but harping on it won't make it happen. A counter has already been considered.

Who is HAPRING on about it. it was mentioned in passing.
The bugs were the main aim.

You seem to be fixated on the tokens. The issue isn't the tokens. Even I agreed with the tokens in the other threads. For heaven's sake. All I asked for was a small counter so that one knows when one is nearing the limit in order to show you that you must now stop without continuing and then getting a failed download.

I'm not going to keep pounding away at this. I was not specifically going on against you. When I read at least a dozen posts about having a counter, and each one answered, and the devs saying they are working on it, I just don't see why it has to be brought up again. BTW - I'm probably the last one in this forum fixated on tokens. The topic was only one of many that get me wondering if anyone reads these posts before they write one themselves. Like D+ not getting better than 720p. Just how many times do we all have to read about that? I applaud the moderators patience with the community.

I think we all understand what the purpose of the thread was to be about, so let's close it now so the developers do not have to read all the other banter that is included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back