• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Curiosity

Clarity3

I am curious to know why it is possible to stream a film/show from a provider at HD resolution but in some cases a lower resolution if downloaded.

It has been said that the sources can detect a download versus a watchable stream. Would this be detected as the speed of a download in comparison to a watchable stream or is there another component that will show the difference?

I was thinking if a download was set to x1 (forget the time taken for the moment) how does the source know the difference?

Currently, AnyStream limits the resolution of some providers to less than HD, so another question might be; if AnyStream had a setting that allowed the download video resolution to be the same as a watchable stream, while meeting the conditions for non-detection, is that a possibility?

Because they are using a browser. And the providers only supply 4k/HD to their Apps and the Edge Browser. And since the devs didn't figure out the new encryption yet, they only can provide us with SD quality.

its a complex topic when you dive into the details.

at some point its just cofusing for me but i get it why this and that is like it is.

Thanks for the explanations.

It’s interesting to see Netflix and AP are both linked to Widevine but not Apple, which poses a question; Apple is restricted to SD, so do they use another proprietary system, also as AP is not restricted (don’t want to create a jinx) might they have a different stance?

The content description for Widevine L1 indicates most smartphones, tablets, and laptops have this certification where TrustedZone appears to be integrated into ARM processors for single purpose systems. Intel appear to use a different technology, SGX, for multiple enclaves, as in desktop PC's. Perhaps I can be directed to an explanation of how this links into a DRM, just in case this comes up in the local pub quiz.:giggle:

Back