• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CUDA in the Trial Version?

de2000

I am checking out the trial version of CloneBD. I see that CUDA isn't on the video acceleration page, only DXVA. Am I getting CUDA or am I not?

I have been using DVDfab, and I am using the CUDA for compression.

Thank you.

Hi de2000,

This is indeed a very interesting question....

CUDA is NOT a compression, it is the NVIDIA own 'programming language' to talk to a NVIDIA GPU.
Same thing for graphic cards from ATI/AMD, Intel - each manufacturer has its own language to talk to their GPUs.
As you can imagine, all manufacturers promote their own language as the best. But at the end it is like French, Russian and Kiswahili. The language you are talking to your GPU is not that important, important is the GPU does its job. And this as fast as possible.
Not to talk in 15 different languages to all the GPUs out there, CloneBD is talking in "English" to them - using the driver you installed on your machine. The manufacturer of a GPU provides these drivers to ensure the GPU doesn't speak only Kiswahili.
CloneBD is using HLSL (and soon OpenCL) as an "international language" to talk to all GPUs.

Hope this helps...

And why dont use CUDA then? Elby advertise in their website that CUDA is used, but appears to be a false advertising or misleading.

Last edited:
Please excuse the simple question that I asked. I simplified it too much.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I am an engineer, and I understand these things.

Your website specifically stated "CloneBD supports multi-core CPUs and NVIDIA CUDA hardware acceleration for fastest copy speed". That is why I asked the question because I didn't see CUDA in the hardware acceleration page.

So, since it is already advertised, and I would really like to purchase this software (I am a good customer of your software since a long time ago), will you add this capability in the near future, with OpenCL and/or CUDA?

The difference in having these capability for compression (hardware based) is very significant, and since you already advertised as having such capability, I would like to know before purchasing this software.

Thank you.

Please provide feedback on my question.

Thank you.

Please let me know what is the time frame and plan to include hardware acceleration for compression (CUDA, OpenCL). I would like to buy this software, instead of using DVDFab (which does use CUDA).

Thank you.

Back