• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CSS Keys Warning Windows 10 vs. Windows 7

Doctor Dub

I am using the latest version (8.6.2.0) of AnyDVD HD.

I get the CSS Keys Warning on many DVDs I try to back up when using my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop, running Windows 10 BUT when I back up the same DVDs on my desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro, I do NOT get the CSS Keys warning. Does anyone know the reason for the warnings on the Windows 10 computer but not on the Windows 7 computer?

Thank you for any help.

I am using the latest version (8.6.2.0) of AnyDVD HD.

I get the CSS Keys Warning on many DVDs I try to back up when using my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop, running Windows 10 BUT when I back up the same DVDs on my desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro, I do NOT get the CSS Keys warning. Does anyone know the reason for the warnings on the Windows 10 computer but not on the Windows 7 computer?

Thank you for any help.
Maybe the drive region is not set on your laptop. You SHOULD set your drive region to avoid decrypting problems. AnyDVD then takes care of the region problem if you want to play back out-of-region DVDs.

Thanks, Coopervid, but my drive region is set to Region 1, as are the DVDs. I should have mentioned that the windows 10 laptop is using an external LG drive and the Windows 7 desktop has internal LG drives, both DVD and Blu-ray. When I use the Blu-ray drive, I do not get the CSS Keys warning. I don't know if this is a significant factor.

Thanks, Coopervid, but my drive region is set to Region 1, as are the DVDs. I should have mentioned that the windows 10 laptop is using an external LG drive and the Windows 7 desktop has internal LG drives, both DVD and Blu-ray. When I use the Blu-ray drive, I do not get the CSS Keys warning. I don't know if this is a significant factor.
Please post an AnyDVD status window or even better a log file.

Thank you James. I re-set the region code from region 1 to region 1. I checked one of the discs that generated the CSS keys warning. This time, I did not get the warning. I will check other discs that produced the warning. I appreciate the help.

Hello @James @coopervid

I’m getting some kind the same situation, I’m ripping DVD using a Blu-ray drive (set to region 2) I’m currently ripping dvd from region 1, I got no problem for more than roughly 60 disc, when I started CSI S02 I got the same message (CSS key warning, all title may not be playable), I ripped the disc anyways and everything seems to be fine, is it only a question of region ? All the previous disc were emulates (R1) perfectly. I can change my drive region but I have only a limited number of changes. Since I have many disc to rip, both R1 and R2, what’s the best suggestion ? Is it a simple warning but the will rip perfectly ?

thanks for your product

Thanks for the reply, I have the exact same settings as in the screenshot, my BD-ROM is region 2, AnyDVD HD is region 1 and I get this message

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 12
Hello @James @coopervid

I’m getting some kind the same situation, I’m ripping DVD using a Blu-ray drive (set to region 2) I’m currently ripping dvd from region 1, I got no problem for more than roughly 60 disc, when I started CSI S02 I got the same message (CSS key warning, all title may not be playable), I ripped the disc anyways and everything seems to be fine, is it only a question of region ? All the previous disc were emulates (R1) perfectly. I can change my drive region but I have only a limited number of changes. Since I have many disc to rip, both R1 and R2, what’s the best suggestion ? Is it a simple warning but the will rip perfectly ?

thanks for your product
It is a warning and usually doesn't impact the result. It is possible, that some extra feature or part of a menu cannot be decrypted. You can check with DVD player software before "ripping" or whatever you do.

Hello @James @coopervid

thanks for your product

My suggestion would be to invest in a 2nd USB drive specifically for dealing with R1/R2 discs. I have an external USB drive that I set its Region to R2 for discs in R2 since my primary drive is set to my Region, R1. That way, you don't have to worry about Region changes and how many hardware crippled number of changes you have left.

As I understand it, AnyDVD makes use of MakeMKV. MakeMKV supports LibreDrive, which effectively deals with CSS / AACS. The MakeMKV article that I linked also lists the drives which support LibreDrive.

I have been using an external drive in a USB 3.0 enclosure for a while now with spectacular results:

- LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter

- Vantec NST-536S3-BK NexStar DX USB 3.0 External Enclosure for SATA Blu-Ray/CD/DVD Drive all black

EDIT to say that the drive has to have its firmware flashed to actually support LibreDrive. (There's a "How-To" in the MakeMKV forums.) Apparently not all drives are flashable for this, thus the list of supported drives.

I hope this helps.

I've been using LG WH16NS60 BD internal drives in VanTec enclosures, Generations 1 and 2, for years now. Pretty much ever since Dell dropped the half height form factor bay from its desktop PC's.

Back