• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CSS archive digest?

ocd

This is a slightly weird question, but is there any way to tell which record in the CSS archive corresponds to the current disc?

Is there a way to ask AnyDVD directly?

Or can somebody explain how the digest is calculated so that I can calculate from the disc myself?

CSS archive

If you really need to know that click left on the tray icon, open "Video DVD" settings and "CSS Keys". The keys are listed there by name.

Unfortunately, "DVD_VIDEO" doesn't really narrow it down for me. :)

I have several of those. Which one is the current one?

p.s. Thanks for the quick response!

You could purge your CSS archive and re-insert the DVD in question.

This is a slightly weird question, but is there any way to tell which record in the CSS archive corresponds to the current disc?

Is there a way to ask AnyDVD directly?

Not really, but the digest is in the logfile. If you create a log....
Hint: Disable "protection based on..." for scanning to speed things up. Don't forget to revert the setting when done.

I use the defaults in CSS archive, both are checked read to archive and write to archive.

But, once I have built a successful back-up, I have no need to re-rip or re-build so I purge the CSS archive of all past ripped disks.:)

I am one who believes you should remove ALL TRACKING information you did on your computer yesterday, so NO ONE knows what you have been doing.

I mean really, the government sooner or later is going to be snuffing and tracking your usage of your computer, I plan to leave them nothing to snuff at.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am one who believes you should remove ALL TRACKING information you did on your computer yesterday, so NO ONE knows what you have been doing.

I mean really, the government sooner or later is going to be snuffing and tracking your usage of your computer, I plan to leave them nothing to snuff at.
I presume you've disabled the online protection database? ;)

Not really, but the digest is in the logfile.
Actually, it looks like I can look at the LastAccess key in the registry to see which one was most recently inserted.

A related question: does "Key: -" always mean that the decryption for that VOB will fail? If so, do you think it would warrant more of a warning in the Status message?

Back