• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Creating DVD speed.

The total write time was 83 minutes with a total processing time of 1hour 49 minutes as stated by CloneDVD prior to ejecting the disc. It was set on DVD5, Speed 'maximum'. All the DMA is selected and the ubit is advertised to booktype defaulted to DVD-ROM. I have tried at all copy speeds. I will try the next time at 6X since the disc is 8X and so is the unit.

Last edited:
Am trying it again now at 6X speed and 2% I have an estimated write time of 53 minutes, 3% it is up to 67 minutes, 4% 71 minutes.

I have burned three different DVDs today and used two DVD+Rs and one DVD-R. I am really baffled!

Slow Speed

When you were setting the speeds, was that in CloneDVD or is there a speed selection on your drive? I looked through the documentation and didn't see a speed selection though there must be somewhere, probably in the software that came with it. It came with a Nero suite, is there a process in Nero that may be running at the same time, although I would think that would give you errors. Plextor has a program that comes with their drives called Plextor Tools that controls speed settings. Is there something comparable with the Mad Dog or Nero? You should have speed setting with the software (CloneDVD) and hardware (Mad Dog or Nero). The hardware can override the software setting and yours may be doing the same thing.

The only software required for Maddog is the drivers in case it won't automatically install. There is a Nero Suite but there is nothing in there to select speed I checked yesterday. According to Maddog everything is supposed to be automatic.

Usb

I am assuming this is using a USB port not Firewire. Have you tried another port to see if something may be running at the same time and possibly slowing it down?

I am using USB and will try a different port next time I burn and let you know if there is any change.

USB 2.0 ports are what I have

USB burners can be really horrible to troubleshoot. I don't have a lot of experience with them. Hopefully, someone can help you out.

I think Clonedvd's burn speed though is influenced by the writing strategy dictated by the firmware. That is, if you burner's firmware believes a certain blank disc type should be written slowly, the option to write faster in Clonedvd might not work (but I could be wrong).

Burners

Check the threads in this section. http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Also, you may try to use a DVD-Rom or CDRW/DVD-ROM to read the disc and put it on as fast as you can, then use the burner to write. The combination of burner, speed and media sometimes takes some testing. Better to burn a little slower and have a good back-up, than faster and make coasters. But the read time should be quick.

Sniperscrubb - You need to insure your burnewr is using DMA not pio mode.

Go to: device mgr > ide ata/atapi controller > secondary ide channel r. click > properties > advanced settings "if it says pio mode this will explain your long burns"

Good Luck
Rico

Sniperscrubb - You need to insure your burnewr is using DMA not pio mode.

Go to: device mgr > ide ata/atapi controller > secondary ide channel r. click > properties > advanced settings "if it says pio mode this will explain your long burns"

Good Luck
Rico
I believe the poster already said it was in DMA mode.

Usb

Make sure that your burner is not in a hub. It needs to have a port all its own. Putting printers, scanners, mice, keyboard, etc in a hub is OK, but any kind of drive needs to be the only thing on the port. If you have an external drive check it also. I have an external drive and when I installed CloneDVD it used that drive for its Temp file. That is OK as long as it is on a port by itself. And USB is going to be slower than IDE or SATA.

I am going to install an internal burner and see what it does for me. It is another Maddog 8X but will be IDE.

I am going to install an internal burner and see what it does for me. It is another Maddog 8X but will be IDE.

Don't make it share the same cable as your reader.

8x is not that speedy, by the way.

Back