• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Create image ISO. mds ?

consubtitulos

Hi,

Im very naive in these kind of things so I will try to explain me as better as possible since I dont understand very well the techcnical parts.

when creating and iso back up from a DVD or BD
if I use the option Rip to Image, why I dont have the option to creat a .mds file like when I was using dvddecrypter?

is there any differente between the iso file created by dvddecrypter and the iso file created directly by anyDVD HD?

what happens if I try to burn an image and I dont have the mds file?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with .mds files from DVD Decrypter, though I guess they're actually .md5 files (i.e., checksums). However, ImgBurn--developed from the rip/burn/ISO engine of DVD Decrypter after it was forced off the market--works just fine with AnyDVD ISOs, or its own ISOs created with AnyDVD active, without any files beyond the .iso itself. (It gives a warning if AnyDVD is active, but that's only because ImgBurn rips *may* fail verification due to AnyDVD's on-the-fly decryption.)

hmmm.. the mds (now mdx) format was proprietary (owned by daemon tools / alcohol), the old version (mds/mdf) was essentially an iso file and a file containing sector timings (to emulate protections), this now is the mdf format (which also supports sector compression and encryption)....

with it being a proprietary format, this is probably the reason its not a choice anymore

(the md5 thing was a good guess though)

hmmm.. the mds (now mdx) format was proprietary (owned by daemon tools / alcohol), the old version (mds/mdf) was essentially an iso file and a file containing sector timings (to emulate protections), this now is the mdf format (which also supports sector compression and encryption)....

with it being a proprietary format, this is probably the reason its not a choice anymore

(the md5 thing was a good guess though)
It shouldn't be necessary to emulate DVD structural and/or bad-sector protections anymore; AnyDVD itself removes those. (Also, BD doesn't have those protections.)

I'm not familiar with .mds files from DVD Decrypter, though I guess they're actually .md5 files (i.e., checksums). However, ImgBurn--developed from the rip/burn/ISO engine of DVD Decrypter after it was forced off the market--works just fine with AnyDVD ISOs, or its own ISOs created with AnyDVD active, without any files beyond the .iso itself. (It gives a warning if AnyDVD is active, but that's only because ImgBurn rips *may* fail verification due to AnyDVD's on-the-fly decryption.)

The .mds file from DVDD holds the layer break info and split info if the image was split into several 1GB pieces.

but the point is:

do I need the mds file to burn the DVD or isnt really needed?

Back