• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"CRC Error" w/ 6.6.4.2 and ImgBurn - any idea why?

mont

Trying to build images with ImgBurn 2.5.1.0 in "build mode" from BRs - have done that with success previously. I add the both folders BDMV and CERTIFICATE in UDF 2.50 to ImgBurn and let it create an ISO.
With the last 2 BDs, I got an CRC ERROR, always with an "index"-file - strangely enough, both discs (brand new, no scratches) used AACS 16.
Could that somehow be related?
Creating ISOs directly from AnyDVD HD or using "read mode" with ImgBurn works. Any idea, what is happening?

Please post an AnyDVD logfile from the problematic disk.

Attached...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.4.2_Info_X_NEW MOON.zip
    341.6 KB · Views: 7
According to the log file you're getting read errors on the disc

So, what does that tell you - is it
a.) a defective disc
b.) a defective drive
c.) a new way to fool drives with certain protection mechanisms

I just checked with some other BRs I own: for "Master and Commander" for example, it only takes a few seconds only until the "analyzing popup" appears and then about another maybe 20 seconds until I get the notice
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: MAC_F1
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
AACS MKB version 4
Using BDPHash.bin 10-05-04
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc.
BD+ Firmware warning removed!

With New Moon, it takes about 1 minute (!!!) until the "analyzing popup" appears...

So: what might be happening there? Does the "Master and Commander"-info I posted tell you anything valuable?
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it

With New Moon, it takes about 1 minute (!!!) until the "analyzing popup" appears...

So: what might be happening there? Does the "Master and Commander"-info I posted tell you anything valuable?
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it
The "New Moon" disc is defective. The "Master and Commander" disc isn't.

James
thanks for you info - I just tested with an older Samsung BD-P1400, and I am able to play it (not fully watched the movie, just skipped a bit...), how comes? Is it my BD-drive, then? Or can you exclude that?
Thanks again for you patience and support
btw: it's the german/european version of the movie - maybe, this one's different? ClownBD for example, after it has loaded in AnyDVD HD, recognizes the disc layout, but when one chooses the playlist (in the FIRST overview window, where soundformats, video and subtitles are displayed), in the next step, is unable to display any of the previously displayed video-streams, subtitles or audio-streams, I just get four empty checkboxes with no "written" content - can't check them either...
ADDENDUM
Samsung has the latest firmware update ("Avatar-Update" so to say) and was able to play it.
Popcorn Hour C200 (latest offical firmware, just released this weekend) cannot play it.
Since C200 does not support the new "Avatar protections" so far with their newly released firmware, my assumption at the moment is: this very BR, that I have (german version) might not fully be compatible with AnyDVD HD at the moment.
This is just a thought/theory - I don't want you to have the impression, that I do not accept your expertise in any way, but could this very german version somehow "fool" version 6.6.4.2 ????

Last edited:
James
thanks for you info - I just tested with an older Samsung BD-P1400, and I am able to play it (not fully watched the movie, just skipped a bit...), how comes? Is it my BD-drive, then? Or can you exclude that?
Thanks again for you patience and support
btw: it's the german/european version of the movie - maybe, this one's different? ClownBD for example, after it has loaded in AnyDVD HD, recognizes the disc layout, but when one chooses the playlist (in the FIRST overview window, where soundformats, video and subtitles are displayed), in the next step, is unable to display any of the previously displayed video-streams, subtitles or audio-streams, I just get four empty checkboxes with no "written" content - can't check them either...
ADDENDUM
Samsung has the latest firmware update ("Avatar-Update" so to say) and was able to play it.
Popcorn Hour C200 (latest offical firmware, just released this weekend) cannot play it.
Since C200 does not support the new "Avatar protections" so far with their newly released firmware, my assumption at the moment is: this very BR, that I have (german version) might not fully be compatible with AnyDVD HD at the moment.
This is just a thought/theory - I don't want to mistrust your expertise in any way, but could this very version somehow "fool" version 6.6.4.2 ????
I have two discs that the Oppo player and the PS3 play - but 2 of my 3 BD drives don't even recognize. Still, these discs are defective. And no, nothing "fools" AnyDVD. ;)

EDIT:
If you want to test something, play them with the same drive you tried AnyDVD with. Anything else doesn't count.

Back