• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Crash when AP items queued

Flymo

Hi all

In the last month 1.4.0.0 and above occasionally crashes when there are items in the Amazon Prime Video queue. I haven't noticed crashes affecting any other queue.

The software will be in the middle of a download when AnyStram suddenly closes. No error dialogue box appears so I don't believe any logs have been generated.

Has anyone else noticed this behaviour?

I haven't downloaded anything this week, but I got all of Stargate from the MGM channel and after that I went to Amz jp to download all seasons of Detective Conan. I will continue that next week, but I never had any issue (the recent problems aside).

I have it running in the background (don't monitor it actively), Stargate (as these are 45min TV episodes and HD for the later things) was much work for AS, and for Amz jp I have to use VPN. None of it caused any issues.

And the queue is quite active as these are several episodes per season. Stargate has about 20 when I remember correctly and I think I sometimes even put two seasons into the queue, when the tokens allowed it. And Conan is something with 30 and 40 episodes, it seems to have some seasons with 30 episodes at the end.

I find it best to not overload the queue. So I don't ever put more than a handful of titles in there at once or more than 1 season of something unless the seasons are tiny. Just my experience but I don't get any crashes doing it that way.

I find it best to not overload the queue. So I don't ever put more than a handful of titles in there at once or more than 1 season of something unless the seasons are tiny. Just my experience but I don't get any crashes doing it that way.
I would never download more than one thing on my laptop, but it is slow anyway, so I never used it on my laptop (one time only).
On my PC, I had 16 GB of RAM, so I don't think it would have any troubles with that. And on my new PC, I have even better hardware (was it neccessary? Probably not, I just had the wish to buy a new one lol). I sometimes put two or even three seasons into the queue and I never have issues with that (when the tokens allow it and as long as they are all one series, otherwise I always finish the one series before I begin the next one).

Reactions: DQ
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for when it crashes next. I haven't been overloading the queue. It might crash with 5 items in it. It might not crash with 10 items in it. It seems random and infrequent.

The slightest bit of packet loss will cause the queue to crash, even the slightest change can cause the program to close. That is usually the cause, without a log file I am just guessing.

Reactions: DQ
even the slightest change can cause the program to close
We now that the download is easily affected by network stuff and can therefor get canceled at any time. But the entire program to crash because of that? That should not happen.

I think I had it once that it just vanished, and at the beginning of AS there were many crashes, but I had no issues in the recent times. It is very stable now. Only when Amz does something to the DRM, I am affected as well.

Here is my experience and I think it makes sense to state it here. I very rarely have any crashes, mishaps or booboo's with downloads or the app in general. I attribute this to 2 things. The first is I only put in the queue what I have tokens for. So I don't put the app in the situation of waiting for a token. But the big one is I have a high bandwidth pipe that is more over very clean. I say that because I do networking for a living. So my home network is pretty ridiculous relatively speaking.

That is not a brag. I just wanted to explain that between not pushing on the queue function too much and a very clean network I have to this point avoided most issues. I honestly think that most of the problems folks have is due to poor networking conditions. Not necessarily low bandwidth but high latency situations with some packet loss. Those 2 things seem to give the app the most heartache just going by what I see in the forums. And really it makes sense because most folks using things like email and web browsers would not notice those issues on their network because those sorts of apps do not care and work well with those problems. But the moment you use something sensitive like AS or say a VOIP call. You would very much notice.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Back