• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Crackling/Distorted Audio in Windows 8 with WASAPI

somestranger

Hi, I have been using MPC-HC + ReClock (WASAPI) + madVR in Windows 7 without issue for a while now, and it was also working fine for the first 2 days I had Windows 8 installed. Now I am getting horrible crackling sounds and dropouts starting ~1 second in while using WASAPI output. ReClock works perfectly fine if I set it to DirectSound output, and WASAPI works fine in other applications.

I have tried reinstalling audio drivers, filters, reclock, mpc-hc, plugging in my USB DAC to different USB controllers (and using different cables), changing buffer settings, setting to defaults, clearing clock / frame databases, etc; I tried everything I could possibly think of and I can't get it working correctly. I used GraphStudioNext to verify that the audio being output by LAV / ffdshow is being decoded correctly and that the problem is somehow with ReClock. I would post a sample of the audio but I'm not sure how to capture it after it is rendered.

The problem occurs with every file I've tried it with, and both ffdshow-tryout and LAV audio decoders.

I noticed that there is a warning in the log file but it also occurs when using DirectSound so I don't think it is the problem:
0.23s 000964 WARNING Failed to find IAudioChannelConfig interface

Here is the log using WASAPI (too big to attach): http://pastebin.com/7YjGgQz7

I also attached screenshots of my settings also, but it isn't even working with WASAPI using default settings.

Thank you for looking at this; I hope there is a way to fix it because I love the sound quality that ReClock + WASAPI producecs!

Attachments

• config.jpg
    config.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 9
  • config2.jpg
    config2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 8
try Fidelizer? There might be something hijacking your MMCSS :policeman:

Back