• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Corrupted File

Tom T

When I downloaded Version 6700 and installed it I get a message "File corrupted Please run a virus scan and reinatall AnyDVD". I did this twice and stiil get the same message. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
coruppted File

Do you mean anything from the version 6700? If so I have unistalled it and reinstalled the older version.

I am having the same "corrupted" message now with 6700. I do have ZoneAlarm but am NOT using the toolbar.

Besides, I'm running XP and it says this does not happen to XP, only Win7.
Confused.

James, I bet DeepGuard feature of F-Secure is also causing problems.

Here is a list of security software which are causing problems up to 99%:
DeepGuard of F-Secure
ZoneAlarm Toolbar
ThreatFire (free version of Spyware Doctor)
Spyware Doctor's Behavior Guard
Spyware Doctor's Kernel Compatibility Mode
Spyware Doctor's Full Screen detection
Comodo 2011 (Version 5) Defense+

These doesn't happen on Win XP, but on Win 7 (not tested Vista).

- - UPDATE - -

I've found my "corrupted" issue:

Windowblinds by Stardock 6.2 (build 61 x86) running on WinXP SP3

I'm running an older version of it as I didn't upgrade it this year but I added AnyDVD.exe & the AnyDVDtray.exe to the exception list and now AnyDVD is running fine. Maybe James can have AnyDVD play nice with it in an update.

Last edited:
Maybe James can have AnyDVD play nice with it in an update.

James is still deciding if AnyDVD needs to play nice with anti-virus - or if the anti-virus people need to update definitions to catch up to the new AnyDVD.

In the end, he'll do what he deems correct.

-W

Well, my issue is not with AV but another program, Windowblinds.

I'm not knocking James at all, so don't read it that way.

What I'm am saying is that it seems one app that has issues with so many OTHER programs, may need a little tweaking - be a little more "friendly". It seems the crack protection may be a little too aggressive. It seems that AnyDVD freaked out when WB tried to skin it's window. A skin enhancement should not be a concern - and WB has been around for years and should be a recognized application.

Last edited:
They say there's a new beta due out today........... stay tuned.

-W

They say there's a new beta due out today........... stay tuned.

-W

Thanks, I just read that in another thread as well. BTW, the reason I posted about James is that he replied "this" in another thread:

I've added a workaround for the 6.7.0.0 release, so from this list

ZoneAlarm Toolbar
Comodo 2011 (Version 5) Defense+

won't cause any issues. I don't know the current status of the other programs on this list.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=280944&postcount=22

goober22, confirmed issue with WindowBlinds 6.4 on XP SP3.
Did you also got a Dump file and then afterwards virus warning?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.0.0_dump.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Not at first, but I read the forum and found how to use the registry to force a dump. I did that and then did get a dump file, followed by the corrupt-virus warning. I'll attach the dump now.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.0.0_dump.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
After doing some research with F-Secure Client Security v9.0, which I believe uses the same anti-virus engine as F-Secure Internet Security 2011, the culprit of the "corrupt file" seems to be the DeepGuard setting "Use Advanced Process Monitoring". If this setting is unchecked, AnyDVD downloads and installs just fine, if it is checked, AnyDVD downloads, but after installation, you get the "file corrupted" message when AnyDVD tries to initialize itself. I believe DeepGuard is just another advanced heuristic program that the anti-virus uses. Other anti-virus programs that are generating a similar error message should have a similar program/setting which can be raised or lowered in intensity.

Once the problem has occurred you have to do the following, since simply turning the "Use Advanced Process Monitoring" won't resolve it (NOTE: This "fix" method was done using F-Secure Client Security v9.0, with other anti-virus programs, it may be different as to what and where the similar settings are located/changed):

(01) Delete the AnyDVD setup program that you originally downloaded (SetupAnyDVD6700.exe)

(02) Select the DeepGuard section and uncheck "Use Advanced Process Monitoring".

(03) VERY IMPORTANT Look for the setting "When a harmful program is found:" and select this setting from the drop down menu: "Always ask me"

(04) Click on the link "Open list of monitored programs"

(05) A box will appear containing a list of all of the programs that are being monitored. There should be four AnyDVD programs that you need to remove from that list:

1 = AnyDVD Application - anydvdtray.exe
2 = AnyDVD Application - anydvd.exe
3 = SetupAnyDVD6700.exe
4 = setregacl.exe

(05) Once the programs are removed from the monitored list, exit that box.

(06) Close everything up and re-download the setup program "SetupAnyDVD6700.exe" once again.

(07) Run "SetupAnyDVD6700.exe" and allow to install.

(0 After you close up the setup program and AnyDVD initializes you will get a warning box asking you if you "trust" this application or not, click on "Allow".

(09) AnyDVD should run with no problems now.

I believe setting the "heuristic" scanning method to a very high/aggressive state in any anti-virus program is simply going to cause too many false positives, as in this case. I would suggest that everyone set their heuristic settings to a "normal" state (usually the default setting), and see if that helps. Unfortunately, with any of the aforementioned anti-virus programs in this thread, once the damage is done, you have to go back and remove the blocked programs from the list and then start all over again.

I hope this helps.

az_raiden

PS - My spellchecker says "AnyDVD" is spelled wrong.

To goober 22,
Thanks I turned off deep guard and now version 6700 is okay.

My issue was WindowBlinds also

My "corrupted" file issue Windowblinds by Stardock 6.0 (build 32 x86) running on WinXP SP3.

Thanks Goober22 for how to fix this. Took me awhile to find out how to locate the exclusion list, but finally did find out how to add the AnyDVDtray.exe to the list and now Anydvd 6700 works just fine.

ark

I was getting the same error and i run windows 7 with charter internet security suite. I tried to go into deepguard and remove all the anydvd stuff. It still didnt work, in order for me to get it to work i had to disable all deepguard stuff all together. It seems like the new version does not play well with antivirus programs and should be changed. I Never had this problem till the recent update. I even tried to roll it back to a previous version and it still said corrupt. Please correct this error in the programming, Im not even sure if I should or can turn the deepguard back on my antivirus or if I should just leave it off? :bang:

Back