• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying a home DVD?

ee01akk

Hi,

I have been trying to copy one of my home DVDs and have to say that Slysoft AnyDVD has really helped me remove the CSS encryption that I needed so thanks a lot.

I did wonder however, if the DVD I copied from (original) took any information from my computer DVD drive, or any other personal information about my copying software, that could be used to trace back to me if someone took the original DVD and played it somewhere else.

Does anyone know anything about the technology used to trace DVDs that people have copied from?? Is this something I should worry about?

No.

That rumor goes around about every 2 years about tracing DVD's. If you are copying your movies that you own don't worry

Last edited:
Hi,
Does anyone know anything about the technology used to trace DVDs that people have copied from?? Is this something I should worry about?

I hear that some software even adds your home address and a picture of you sitting in front of the monitor while making the copy.....:)

Blockbuster is using micro-RFID tags to signal surveillance satellites that their disc is being copied...:D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Lies^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some companies do add information in regards to tracing back the origin of the backup...
These companies work with law enforcement.
Don't worry, only FBI agents (Anti-piracy experts) are able to read such information
placed on the backup of the disc.
Remember: The backup software companies only support 'fair use', therefore,
you can only backup a disc you own. If not, your on your own. (do not sell the backups for profit).

One Software for example, stored crazy information on the backup about your machine.

1. Computer Name.
2. IP address
3. Software used
4. DVD Burner brand & serial number
5. Even Operating system used to create the backup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Lies^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you're not selling your backups you don't need to worry ;)

No problem copying home DVD's. Purchased DVD's is where the legal issues arise.

Back