• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Copy Title to Clipboard & Check Title was downloaded in the past

woopy

Hello,

it would be nice to have a "Copy Title to Clipboard" option in the program settings
that would automatically copy the title of a film or series to the clipboard when clicking on
a film and the "Downloadable Clip(s)" window opens.
Alternatively, a "Copy Title to Clipboard Button" in the "Downloadable Clip(s)" window would
be conceivable. This new function could then be used by a small external tool to monitor the
clipboard and check whether the film has already been downloaded. I could provide a suitable
solution in combination with the Everything tool here in the forum if desired.

Many greetings
Martin

Huh?
Don't you get a notice to overwrite the file, if you download a video twice?

Since I add information such as the year of release and Parents Guide Info to the file name of the downloaded films, AnyStream no longer recognises them. With several streaming services, each with its own folder, Anystream also has its limits. In addition, the films are placed in a different archive after "editing".

Hi,

I was able to "solve" the problem with automatically copying the title to the clipboard.
I made a little tool for Windows that copies the current title to the clipboard. This works
quite well, although a direct integration in AnyStream would be nicer.

But anyway, now I can plan the next step: a small tool that searches the title from the
clipboard in my already downloaded movies/series. I already discarded the idea to use
Voidtools Everything for the search, because Everything doesn't work so well with
Stablebit's Drivepool and the current SDK version 1.4 doesn't support multiple instances.
So I thought about implementing the search in the folders themselves. Therefore the
question in the round, with which quantity of files must be counted? What have you
accumulated over time? The background: The easiest way would be to keep all the data
in memory and search in it, but this could be a problem with the RAM if the directories
are very large ...

Thank you
woopy

Well that would be a one-liner with powershell ...
Code:
gci <pathToSearch> -recurse -filter *SearchString* | select name

Example:
Code:
gci y:\ -Recurse -filter *name*.mkv | select name
Finds all episodes that contain "name" in all my 18000 TV show episodes filenames in less than 5 seconds.

People have written many small scripts to do this. I won't post them here, but this is very common.;)

@cartman0208: Not very comfortable, especially since
I have to enter the searchstring manually, right?

Is it allowed to post a Windows executable? Gladly also with a
sha1 hash? Then, if interested at all, I would post the tool that
puts the title from Anystream's "Downloadable Item(s)" window
to the clipboard.

About comfort: The tool should/must
- support multiple paths (online and offline)
- format the search string (e.g. colon in the name)
- Find MP4 and MKV files
- have a series and movie mode
- In series mode count the existing episodes and detect missing episodes
- Possibly be able to display in which resolution and which audio and subtitle tracks are present.
- that's all I can think of at the moment :)

When browsing in Anystream, I often asked myself, "Hey, have you downloaded
the movie or series yet or not? In the case of series, the question arose from time
to time, whether I already had the newest episodes ...

@cartman0208: Not very comfortable, especially since
I have to enter the searchstring manually, right?
nah ... put that in a .ps1 file, build some read from stdin before that, and be done with it.

For all the other things you listed ... have Plex :rolleyes:
... or any other library software

you surely mean 180000, right?
actually no ... I only download what I intend to watch or what I think the family wants to watch ... :giggle:

nah ... put that in a .ps1 file, build some read from stdin before that, and be done with it.
or use Get-Clipboard :)
For all the other things you listed ... have Plex :rolleyes:
... or any other library software
I'll have to take a closer look at the media servers. At the moment,
the one on my diskstation, which I access directly via VLC, is enough
for me. I don't need covers and similar gimmicks. I somehow manage
better with the directory structure I have created ...

Plex runs on Synology, too ... it's what I do.
Play files directly from the Drive share and have Plex do the rest (serve the TV, Mobiles and other devices)
The metadata is just extra, I don't "need" that either

Back