• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

copy failure

James Elkovitch

I have same issue. Attempted to copy a non encrypted dvd and it created files to computer and when try to burn to other drive window says bad media. Used same media for years.Replaced with new DVD drive as I had extra, and same message. Even attempted to use same drive to copy and burn and same message.

but what you don't say is WHAT brand and type of blank discs you're using? What your drive model is, it's firmware revision,...

Store bought or online? Life series? What's the media identifier on them aka MID/DID (you can find that out via imgburn in discovery mode, or dvdinfo)

Oh and what speed you burn them at?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Did not burn at all, that is issue, so no speed.
The speed has been set to max. for years without issues.
Store purchased at Micro Center.

Would still love to know the MID of those, but if I have to guess it's life series 'crap' with the 'cmc mag' mid, and the new drive doesn't like them to burn to.

It's not a faulty source disc add your say the files were copied to PC. It's not a clonedvd problem either as you say the burning doesn't even begin

Which leaves the following possible scenarios

1. Cheap crappy blanks (my bet here since they're the store bought 'verbatim' kind) and your drive doesn't like them
2. Faulty drive

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've done fine forever using ANY Verbatim DVD-R blanks, burning 16x at 8x.
Unless he got a truly "bad batch" is unlikely to blame the media first.
-W

Back