• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copies Work, But Not On My Burner

Sambev

Ok, wierd title but didn't know how else to say it. Any idea why the copies I make using AnyDVD and CopyDVD2 burn fine and work in set top boxes and my other PCs, but they won't play on the laptop and burner I used to make the copy? Totally weird problem that I don't understand. For a while I thought I made a dozen coasters until I tried to play my copy on a friends PC and it worked.

My burner is a HP DVD RW AD-7581S 4H73 in a HP Pavilion dv7000 laptop. Thoughts?

Sam

Ok, wierd title but didn't know how else to say it. Any idea why the copies I make using AnyDVD and CopyDVD2 burn fine and work in set top boxes and my other PCs, but they won't play on the laptop and burner I used to make the copy? Totally weird problem that I don't understand. For a while I thought I made a dozen coasters until I tried to play my copy on a friends PC and it worked.

My burner is a HP DVD RW AD-7581S 4H73 in a HP Pavilion dv7000 laptop. Thoughts?

Sam

How about giving us a log posting that would help first??

Did you burn the copies to DVD-R? My HP Laptop can burn to DVD-R but can not play DVD-R. Matter of fact the folders burned to the DVD-R don't even show up in windows explorer on the laptop although they do on both of my desktop computers.

If I burn to DVD+R my laptop plays the copies fine. I suspect limited DVD-R compatibility of the HP's laptops 8x +-burner.

Note - The DVD-R copies play fine on my Toshiba home dvd player that can only play Retail dvds & the DVD-R format

Last edited:
Back