• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cookie timeout duration?

videobruce

What is the time out period in this forum?
It seems very short as I have to keep re-loggin in every few mwnutes when I leave the page and return.
Very annoying.

This has to be you as I can go overnight without logging in and get up in the morning and all is well no logging in for me.

It's not "me", but rather this forum doesn't appear to be compatable with Opera.
Example; I left this page for say 30 minutes, came back and I had to log in again to edit the 1st post even though I didn't close the browser.
Passwords are stored in a separate file and not as a plain 'cookie'.

Ok, how about logging in within the thread itself as opposed to logging in on say the home page. Would that apply to the whole forum, or just that thread regarding staying loged in??

Last edited:
You're correct videobruce...it's not "you". Forums generally have a setting for time to remain Logged on. I would assume this forum does also.

I have run into this problem before with some other forums. It seems as it's getting worse. But, why doesn't everyone have the same issue as another poster said he didn't??
I usually login and stay in the forum for sometimes hours, while I go elsewhere and then come back. It never use to be a problem, except in the past couple of years.

What's the idea behind it and what can be done about it?

Good question. No, I don't think so.

Ok, here is the example. I stayed on this page between the time I posted the last reply and now, I received a e-mail of your response, clicked on that link which opened up a new 'tab' in this thread, but had to log in again to post this.

I didn't check the checkbox this time purposely to see what happens. Looks as this is the issue. I think the reason I didn't is most of those 'checkboxes' ask if you want to have the 'cookie' stay on your system as in "remember me" Since I have this 'Wand' feature it isn't a issue as my passwods are separate files from the regular cookies that get deleted on exit as I have done from day one.

Last edited:
Back