• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Converting DVD movie to mp4 (Nokia E71) mobile

hr_muadib

Hello,
i'm having problems playing a converted DVD movie to mp4 format (using Clone DVD Mobile v1.8.0.1 and the "Generic MP4/AVC" profile) on my Nokia E71 mobile phone.
The movie plays with audio and video in sync, BUT it pauses every 5 to 10 seconds, it's VERY anoying...
The converted mp4 movie is over 400Mb, i already was able to try using 300Mb but i get the same results. I've tranfer this movie to the Nokia E71 memory card, it's NOT on the phone internal memory.

Can anyone give me some hint please? I'm sure i'm doing something wrong, it's not Clone DVD mobile fault!

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
hr_muadib.

I've given up on this... Clone DVD is incompatible with Nokia E71.

Well...
After several tempts converting the DVD to this mobile device using several other profiles and codec's formats, after searching the forum for an answer (found some questions posted here with no replies for Nokia mobile devices!) and since i got no answer here "today" i conclude that Clone DVD Mobile is actually incompatible with Nokia E71 (or vice versa!).

For now, it does not work, at all, since the converted movie is always skipping...
I will try again in the future with other mobile device (i hope!).

Best regards,
hr_muadib.

Does the file play on your computer without any skipping?

What resolution in CloneDVD mobile did you choose?
Under the video quality slider, what is the approximate kbps?

According to the specifications here, the E71 can record video at 640x480, but the screen resolution is only 320x240 - so if you haven't already, try choosing this resolution in CloneDVD mobile.

Last edited:
It's not that simple....

Well...
After several tempts converting the DVD to this mobile device using several other profiles and codec's formats, ........... i conclude that Clone DVD Mobile is actually incompatible with Nokia E71 (or vice versa!).

Forget this incompatible thought. Don't expect deep technical support for transcoding issues in a public Forum. Such problems are rarely fixed with a mouse click or setting. And we in support and development are not "here" all that often.

The idea of trying it after conversion on the PC is very good. That helps with future analysis. Do that, please.

And, just for grins, let's try the 1801 Beta found at the top of this Forum. We've addressed some video/audio sync issues in this beta. Give it a spin, please.

Should this skipping issue require more attention then please generate an AnyDVD log for the disc and attach it here. Also, right click the LOG panel in Mobile and give us a txt file attachment via "save as......" and also include the "details" for the debugging.

Then open a Mobile ticket, copy/paste the URL to this thread and then we'll move forward on this.

Thanks. 8)

Does the file play on your computer without any skipping?

What resolution in CloneDVD mobile did you choose?
Under the video quality slider, what is the approximate kbps?

According to the specifications here, the E71 can record video at 640x480, but the screen resolution is only 320x240 - so if you haven't already, try choosing this resolution in CloneDVD mobile.

Hello.
I'm using the 320x240 resolution.
The quality slider i used was between 13 and 18 value.

Best regards,
hr_muadib

Forget this incompatible thought. Don't expect deep technical support for transcoding issues in a public Forum. Such problems are rarely fixed with a mouse click or setting. And we in support and development are not "here" all that often.

The idea of trying it after conversion on the PC is very good. That helps with future analysis. Do that, please.

And, just for grins, let's try the 1801 Beta found at the top of this Forum. We've addressed some video/audio sync issues in this beta. Give it a spin, please.

Should this skipping issue require more attention then please generate an AnyDVD log for the disc and attach it here. Also, right click the LOG panel in Mobile and give us a txt file attachment via "save as......" and also include the "details" for the debugging.

Then open a Mobile ticket, copy/paste the URL to this thread and then we'll move forward on this.

Thanks. 8)

Hello,
like i pointed out on my initial message i'm already using the new beta v1801.
The skipping only occurs on the E71 Nokia device, it does not occurs when i play it on my pc, that's why i say that probably it's a Nokia E71 device problem, but i'm not sure, i'm not a slysoft tech guy!

I will also try to do a firmware update on the Nokia device and will report after.

Best regards,
hr_muadib.

I'll check anyway ...

Sorry I missed the beta use - fine.
If I run across the developer later I'll ask him for a theory.
The fact that the conversion plays w/o error on the PC is a key point.

The skipping only occurs on the E71 Nokia device, it does not occurs when i play it on my pc

In CloneDVD mobile, try moving the Video Quality slider until the bitrate is no more than 112kbps to see if that helps.
Video Playback Smoothness (4.0)
We were disappointed that the Nokia E71 was only able to play back two of our video test files, with a maximum bitrate of 112kbps. This is likely due to the lack of processor power, and falls short of what we were able to manage with Nokia's high end consumer oriented devices like the Nokia N82.
Source: http://www.wirelessinfo.com/content/Nokia-N82-Cell-Phone-Review.htm

Nokia E71 video playback problem continues...

In CloneDVD mobile, try moving the Video Quality slider until the bitrate is no more than 112kbps to see if that helps.

Source: http://www.wirelessinfo.com/content/Nokia-N82-Cell-Phone-Review.htm

Hello,
i tried that and also putting the slide bellow that same value 112Kbps. It does not work...
The video always playback with that same problem, it stops for a few seconds at a fixed period of time (each 10 seconds aprox.)
It's very strange...

BUT it only happens with video files, with audio files, this does not happens even with superior bitrates.

Best regards,
hr_muadib.

i tried that and also putting the slide bellow that same value 112Kbps. It does not work...
Using the profile you mentioned in CloneDVD mobile, and the slider all the way to the left (minimum it will go is 10), I cannot get it below 140kbps.

I've encoded a video (MP4/AVC) @100kbps using another program. There's no audio as I've muted it.
If possible, see if it plays on your phone.

Attachments

• test100kbps.zip
    338.8 KB · Views: 1
MP4 Video file fails to play! Even after a firmware update...

Using the profile you mentioned in CloneDVD mobile, and the slider all the way to the left (minimum it will go is 10), I cannot get it below 140kbps.

I've encoded a video (MP4/AVC) @100kbps using another program. There's no audio as I've muted it.
If possible, see if it plays on your phone.

Hello,
first thank you for the video file for testing.

And no, it's not possible to play your enconded video file. Tha Nokia E71 device says that it's not possible to play the file and exits without opening or playing the image.

Just as an update i've already updated the firmware from 500.21.009 to 501.21.001 (RN-346)

Best regards,
hr_muadib

it's not possible to play your enconded video file. Tha Nokia E71 device says that it's not possible to play the file and exits without opening or playing the image.

Are you sure you managed to download it correctly?
It doesn't look like it been downloaded yet (0 views) :confused:

SCREENSHOT_CROP-1.jpg

If you wish to try this second file, feel free...

Incidentally, does your Nokia have a sample video file you could upload, then the video properties of it can be looked at. Thanks.

Attachments

• test100kbps_2.zip
    341 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Still no way i can play the MP4 file...

Are you sure you managed to download it correctly?
It doesn't look like it been downloaded yet (0 views) :confused:

But i can confirm that i did! Honest.

SCREENSHOT_CROP-1.jpg

If you wish to try this second file, feel free...

Incidentally, does your Nokia have a sample video file you could upload, then the video properties of it can be looked at. Thanks.

I also confirm that i downloaded this second file and it plays fine on my PC but it does not play at all on my Nokia E71.
Unfortunatelly it (the device) does not have available any test vido file to play...

Best regards,
hr_muadib.

@hr_muadib
I have encoded the following file, again @100kbps, but with MPEG-4 (FFMpeg) instead of AVC.
If you wish to try it with the E71, feel free.

Attachments

• test100kbps3.zip
    475.1 KB · Views: 1
Finally a good result! Thank you mike20021969!

@hr_muadib
I have encoded the following file, again @100kbps, but with MPEG-4 (FFMpeg) instead of AVC.
If you wish to try it with the E71, feel free.

Hello mike20021969.
First let me thank you for such a kind and fast help over this issue.

Now i confirm that it works ok, without any anomally on the video playback part. Both on the PC and on the Nokia E71 device.

So, i conclude that will have to use another tool in order to convert any DVD movie i want, just in order to keep in between 100 and 114Kbps?

OR

It can be done with Clone DVD mobile... But how?!

To be honest i do not use Clone DVD mobile that much on phone devices such as this Nokia E71 and i do not "play" arround with the specific aspects of the configuration and it's values (on the codec part).

I appreciate any help since i conclud it's NOT a problem with Clone DVD Mobile, just a lack of processor power AND features on the Nokia E71 side.

Best regards,
hr_muadib

Now i confirm that it works ok, without any anomally on the video playback part. Both on the PC and on the Nokia E71 device.

So, i conclude that will have to use another tool in order to convert any DVD movie i want, just in order to keep in between 100 and 114Kbps?

OR

It can be done with Clone DVD mobile... But how?!
It seems that your videos have to be encoded using FFMpeg - you might also be able to experimaent with a slightly higher video bitrate.

You could try one of the other presets in CloneDVD mobile such as Nokia N93 or Apple iPod Video, and try with the lowest bit-rate possible first, and if successful increase the bitrate a little.

If they don't work, complain to SlySoft about it :D ;).
Alternatively, I can private message you the program I used.

Last edited:
It seems that your videos have to be encoded using FFMpeg - you might also be able to experimaent with a slightly higher video bitrate.

You could try one of the other presets in CloneDVD mobile such as Nokia N93 or Apple iPod Video, and try with the lowest bit-rate possible first, and if successful increase the bitrate a little.

If they don't work, complain to SlySoft about it :D ;).
Alternatively, I can private message you the program I used.

Hello,
i tried again with Clone DVD mobile but i get always the same result since i'm not able to decrease the "kbps" till i reach at least between 112 or 114.

I ask the developers team to see if it's possible to allow lower rates in order to permit this type of video conversions on Nokia equipments.

But for now, I appreciate if you can PM regarding the program you use.

Thank you for the help provided.

Best regards,
hr_muadib.

Back