• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Confused about Sound Tracks on BD

Bubu69

Sorry, for my silly questions, but we bought ICE AGE 3 Region B. However we want to play it on our computer, but all playback software denies playing it.

I ripped it with AnyDVD 6.6.0.9 and discovered a curious problem. There were comments for disabled people in the sound track.

It seems, that in the (single) sound tracks on the BD are more than one sound track (normal, comments for disabled, etc.)

I couldn't get the "normal" sound track out of it. Even with tsmuxer, DVDFab etc. I can't extract the wanted single sound track. (And choosing in the Player Software is not possible).

Does anybody know a trick?

Thx,

Bubu69

If only people would read the stickies, this has been asked about 15 times since the beginning of the year.
Read #3 in the 'Frequently asked Questions READ BEFORE YOU POST' sticky

If only people would take more attention to the posted questions.

I had read the FAQs but #3 doesn't answer my question.
It isn't the wrong language because there are only Englisch languages available (DTS, 2.0, 5.1, 7.1)! There are some more audio tracks in every(!) audio file which can't be separated with tsmuxer.

Bubu69

Last edited:
It does answer your question, and I can read your question properly, you just didn't read the sticky properly. The reason you don't get the right track is because the main audio track is in a format that you player can't decode so it defaults to the first track it can decode, makes no difference if it's another english or a foreign track it's still the same thing

Last edited:
If only people would take more attention to the posted questions.

I had read the FAQs but #3 doesn't answer my question.
It isn't the wrong language because there are only Englisch languages available (DTS, 2.0, 5.1, 7.1)! There are some more audio tracks in every(!) audio file which can't be separated with tsmuxer.

You might try reading a bit more broadly. The FAQ item does apply to your question. Just emphasize the 'wrong track' and don't get hung up on the language part.

Further intellectual effort may be required to decide what to do given that answer. I am sure, however, that a person bold enough to instruct another with almost 5000 posts to his credit with his second post, will not find that too stressful.

Sorry mates,

but it still doesn't answer my question: how can I extract the wanted audio track? I want to put it together with the film again without any other tracks. I don't want to know why any player uses only the first track from a file or why it only runs in "full disc mode".

And it doesn't matter if somebody answers a lot of questions or not. The FAQ definitly doesn't answer that question.

With what trick or programm can I extract the wanted audio track? tsmuxer doesn't work and I found no other programm where I can separate the audio tracks. E.g. Nero says "unsupported format".

I think a lot of people will have the same problem, e.g. if you want do recode the BD film for your Media Center (or something similar).

It would be nice, if someone could give me a hint.

Regards,

Bubu69

=====================================================
Edit says:
He means the extraction from the AC3 file. :)

Last edited:
Did you try ticking the 'down convert HD audio' in TSmuxer or try using Clown BD. You never said that you wanted to just extract the AC3 audio, you just said it wasn't playing back the correct track and you wanted to play the 'normal' track which to most of us means you want to play back the non commentary/non foreign track, not extract the core.

TSMuxer works just fine for removing any audio stream you want. There is no magic trick here. Select just the streams you want and tell TSMuxer to do it. If you can not plan the resulting file/directory structure then that is no fault of TSMuxer.

As stated already if you keep the HD audio stream and your player of choice (you mentioned Media Center) can not play it then you either need to remux the streams properly (downconvert the audio, make an ISO) or somehow make the player read the audio stream.

An audio stream is only one language, it seems like you are saying one stream can have several languages.

The step you need to follow while in tsmuxer is to highlight the hd dts audio track and you will be able to manipulate the format buttons. Check the one that allows you to down convert to dts or lower soundtrack level like ac3 if it is true hd. after that run it through tsmuxer and you should then have the soundtrack without directers comment as the first choice for your player. What was happening was that since your player cannot play the original soundtrack because of its format it then goes down the line until it finds one it can which was the directors comment version. this problem will happen to you on any movie with a soundtrack your player will not accept unless you down convert to one it will.

Previous posts did explain this but maybe you were not familiar with the steps you needed to follow to get there. I hope this helps.

Erich

Sorry, for my silly questions, but we bought ICE AGE 3 Region B. However we want to play it on our computer, but all playback software denies playing it.

I ripped it with AnyDVD 6.6.0.9 and discovered a curious problem. There were comments for disabled people in the sound track.

It seems, that in the (single) sound tracks on the BD are more than one sound track (normal, comments for disabled, etc.)

I couldn't get the "normal" sound track out of it. Even with tsmuxer, DVDFab etc. I can't extract the wanted single sound track. (And choosing in the Player Software is not possible).

Does anybody know a trick?

Thx,

Bubu69

1) Is this a Bluray or a DVD?
2) When you "ripped" it with AnyDVD HD, did you create a 1 to 1 copy in ISO format?

Back