• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Confirmation of BD+ on New Fox Releases?

@adbear from where do you know it has BD+?It would be very interesting because i havn't found anything in the internet that they use it I only find that they can use it

ok thank you adbear. I didn't look there I just looked in google news....So than Slysoft has lots of work.

BD+ is going to be a royal disaster for blu-ray if what I'm reading about it is accurate. On the PS3, with the enormous processing power that it has, it takes over 2-3 minutes to bring up the title. That's unacceptable. I can't even imagine what those stand alone player guys are going to have to endure. If it adds that much overhead to playback of the disc, there's going to be some screaming and I'm going to be right there joining them. And I've STILL not received the update link from cyberlink. GOD I HATE THAT PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samsung BD-P1000

BD+ is going to be a royal disaster for blu-ray if what I'm reading about it is accurate. On the PS3, with the enormous processing power that it has, it takes over 2-3 minutes to bring up the title. That's unacceptable. I can't even imagine what those stand alone player guys are going to have to endure. If it adds that much overhead to playback of the disc, there's going to be some screaming and I'm going to be right there joining them. And I've STILL not received the update link from cyberlink. GOD I HATE THAT PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll start the screaming now. I have a 1st Gen Samsung BD-P1000 stand alone and since I can't watch Sliver surfer on my computer (PowerDVD hasn't sent me a link either after 12 hours) I Tried it there. 1st it requested that I go online and d/l new firmware and burn it too a CD. I did and the update took about 20 minutes. Then even after that the system took a full 4 minutes to get to the menu screen!!!

For what it is worth I also have an XBOX HD drive & a Sony BD burner hooked to the computer and a Toshiba HD-A2 stand alone so I am not restricted to either flavor of HD either at the PC or in the family room.

They FINALLY sent me the new link a little while ago. YIPPIE. However, BD+ does NOT sound like a good idea from a customer stand point. Not in the least.

BD+ is going to be a royal disaster for blu-ray if what I'm reading about it is accurate. On the PS3, with the enormous processing power that it has, it takes over 2-3 minutes to bring up the title. That's unacceptable.

Day After Tomorrow didn't take any longer to load than a normal title on my PS3, and my friend's. Both on the latest firmware.

It sounds like anyone without a PS3 though is getting screwed. Which is indeed unacceptable.

Testing the waters

Seems like they're testing the waters with old movies or those that did not receive box office acclaim.

Also, expect a trade-in program for old BD players.

Seems like they're testing the waters with old movies or those that did not receive box office acclaim.

Also, expect a trade-in program for old BD players.

I wouldn't necessarily expect a trade-in program. That would benefit customers, and so far we've seen nothing coming from the BD camp that benefits customers.

Back