• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Configuring how-tos

thepharcyde

Despite being a very junior poster, I would find it helpful if someone could kindly advise how to passthru Dolby Digital through reclock without ticking the SPDIF option (not recommended)

I have previously posted, but get snippets of tick this, do that etc and am still mucho baffled :bang:

Please can some one advise the filters required to output Dolby Surround & DTS (if DTS is possible) through Reclock.

I am lead to believe that you can pass thru

noee
Make sure you check "Use AC3 encoder for PCM".

It appears that for DTS, you could do the same as FFDshow now has pretty solid DTS decoding.

Edit: Check the "Mixer" settings on FFDshow for channel output options. Also, check the "Output" section for settings. Make sure under "Codecs" you have AC3 set to liba52.

Also, if you have 2-channel output (like I do with HDMI to my monitor), you can have FFDshow "mix" down to 2 channels and uncheck the "Use AC3 encoder for PCM" on Reclock config.

Following this I get 6 channels show on the OSD in Media player but my AMP only emulating Dolby Surround (Pro Logic II) and not true DD. The only way I can get DD/DTS is enabling the SPDIF function, but in doing so drop audio according to Reclock.

So please can someone kindly advise what Codecs to use to pass Surround sound (I assume FFDSHOW, but can you advise what options to tick in here as Noee does not seem to work still) to an AMP via SPDIF without the need to tick the ( SPDIF not recommended option)

Apologies if I am sounding completely dumb :confused: but I am totally confused!!

Please can this be made a sticky with a v.helpful how to pass SPDIF sound to your Amp withouth the SPDIF option ticked.

Last edited:
I'll post up what I know (or think I know). ;)

For SPDIF passthrough, I do not use FFdshow audio. I simply have Reclock set up as the audio renderer and then I use SPDiffer as the audio decoder. Please note distinction as your playback app might have different nomenclature.

In Reclock, I have the following settings:

For the Device to use with DS and Waveout, I select my Realtek HD output (which supports SPDIF out). This is connect to my receiver (Parasound AVC-2500).

Use AC3 encoder for PCM: unchecked
Accept SPDIF formats: checked
Force Reclock to be loaded in place of DS/Wave renderers: checked

That's pretty much it for DD/DTS passthrough. Other than the occasional audio drops, it seems to work just fine for all renderers except HR, in either MPC-HC or jRiver's Media Center.

Fwiw, I noticed yesterday, when using Reclock to "re-encode" to AC3, I am only having consistent success with VMR9 (renderless and windowed). EVR will not stay "locked" and HR is hopeless. This is at 24Hz. At 60Hz, with my 30fps material, all three renderers are solid.

HTH.

too bad Jong is AWOL, but he's got pstrip set to 47.952Hz, Reclock in auto mode....and he doesn't get any dropped frames.

I also ran the test for 2H at 23.976@47.952, and I didn't get any dropped/repeated frames.

James is against it, I guess it's a hit or miss...you need to tweak your box to the max to get it rock stable.

I think this is a very timely request from thepharcyde. We have many postings with various settings on various products to get best results but joining these "dots" up to get the full picture is a challenge. Can we have a recommended set of settings for the top choice products to get best results? If James and SlySoft intend to make this a commercial product, and we hope they do, we would expect it to come with a user guide. Perhaps this could be the beginnings of that guide.

What are the range of solutions which we need to be covered for best audio and best video quality?

So for each of these choices of audio solution:
  • multi channel analogue out
  • SPDIF out
  • HDMI out
  • others

What are the top choice products which need to be covered?
Players:
  • PowerDVD8
  • TheaterTek
  • WMP11
  • TMT
  • Others

Codecs:

etc.

We then need the settings for each set of products for each solution in the first list.

Similarly for Video setup.

Any thoughts?

Back