• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Compressing Star Wars BluRays with Clown BD

rshanti

Has anyone figured out which stream on the new Star Wars BD is the main title (movie only)? There seems to be 9 or ten seperate streams on each title, all of them the same length, except the last one on each title is about 2 minutes shorter.

I've tried the first one on New Hope and ESB and they both ended up with distracting overlays at the top of the screen that tell you the name of a director or producer, etc that I beleive has a commentary track on that stream, but which I don't hear (audio probably got removed during the compress). I still get the proper audio track (6.1 Lossless), but the overlays at the top are very annoying.

Any ideas?

the reason you get the commentairy is because you're playing the file directly. You're not supposed to do that. The behaviour that tells the player wich audio/subs to use is in the other files not in the m2ts files.

I'm not sure what you mean by "playing the file directly". I've ripped it to an ISO file and then "compressed" (actually just removed unwanted audio tracks, no actual compression) the ISO using Clown BD. I'm then playing the new ISO through WMC, MyMovies, TMT5 combination. And I don't get the entire commentary, just the name of the person who the movie thinks is giving commentary at that point in the movie. For example, "Lucas" is superimposed on the top of the screen for like 5 seconds then goes away. Then 30 or 40 seconds later, another name is superimposed. But the audio is that actual 6.1 Lossless audio from the soundtrack, not a commentary soundtrack.

I also noticed that each of the 9 streams that are of the same size all have a different "angle" number listed in Clown BD when I am asked to pick the stream that I want to use for my new ISO. And if I pick the last stream that is about 2 minutes shorter than the first 9 streams, I lose the beginning of the movie when the scrolling text that introduces the movie is displayed. So I'm assuming I should be using one of the first 9 streams.

I hope I'm not getting too verbose. I just wanted to report everything I've discovered in hopes of helping with anyone's response.

The overlay is just the subtitle track for one of the commentaries. It's not part of the video.

Depending on the country where you bought your discs, there may be multiple angles for the opening crawl. On my set (UK), English is angle 1.

Last edited:
Thanks Romansh... That's exactly what I needed to know.

ClownBD and a New Hope

I just finished tackling A New Hope with ClownBD and here are my thoughts:

01. The angles are the beginning scrolling text in different languages. For English, use angle 1.

02. For English, there are 3 forced subtitle tracks (11, 38, 39 as listed in ClownBD), 1 main (10), and 2 (20, 21) commentary tracks. Forced track 11 is for the movie and 38 & 39 are commentaries.

I'm having the same problem. I'm going to have to go in and get rid of the forced subtitles, specifically the commentary ones in Clown_BD. There are only two forced subs in Episode III and they are 38 & 39. So I'm going to uncheck those and see how it goes. I'm not sure about the other episodes except IV, which was mentioned in the previous post.

For Episode 1, the forced sub you need is 41. 39 and 40 are the commentary words.

There are no forced subs that you need for Episode III. 38 and 39 and commentary forced subs that need to be eliminated.

How do you determine which subtitles are the forced ones? I think the only episodes that you need them on are I, IV and VI. Episode I seems to be #41, episode IV seems to be #11. I haven't figured out episode VI yet, but will try tomorrow.

Episode VI the needed forced subtitle is the last one, I believe it is listed as 41 in ClownBD. The regular movie subtitle is 10. The rest are commentaries.

How do you determine which subtitles are the forced ones? I think the only episodes that you need them on are I, IV and VI. Episode I seems to be #41, episode IV seems to be #11. I haven't figured out episode VI yet, but will try tomorrow.

I run the movie through Clown_BD. It pulls out all the subs and will add "forced" to the sub file. Then I used a freeware program to look at the individual sub files to see what they are. When I figure out which ones I need, I reprocess the movie in Clown_BD but this time I eliminate the unneccessary subs. I've never had this problem with forced subs before and it's a chore.

The forced commentary subs always seem to be 38 and 39 or 39 and 40, if the 41 is forced. 11 and 41 seem to be the forced subs needed when there any.

Hey guys,

Forgive me if this question(s) is redundant, but I'm getting a little lost on this thread. I, too, am dealing with the annoying commentary subtitles on my back-ups of the SW saga.

1) Does anyone have a "master list" of which subtitles are the bad (commentary) and the good (required?) for all 6 episodes? Or if not, what software would be required to sample the various subtitle tracks to figure them out?

2) Are any of the subtitle tracks required for these movies? (If you are English speaking and want English audio)

3) Can you tell which (if any) subtitle tracks are "forced" in ClownBD? When I load up Episode 1 in CBD it shows 6 English subtitles, but no further info that I can see.

Thanks in advance for your help!

4) Because of this situation, is it wise to disable "Forced subtitles" in the front menu of ClownBD and only pick the subtitles that are appropriate in the next screen where you manually select audio streams/subtitles?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Forgive me if this question(s) is redundant, but I'm getting a little lost on this thread. I, too, am dealing with the annoying commentary subtitles on my back-ups of the SW saga.

1) Does anyone have a "master list" of which subtitles are the bad (commentary) and the good (required?) for all 6 episodes? Or if not, what software would be required to sample the various subtitle tracks to figure them out?

2) Are any of the subtitle tracks required for these movies? (If you are English speaking and want English audio)

3) Can you tell which (if any) subtitle tracks are "forced" in ClownBD? When I load up Episode 1 in CBD it shows 6 English subtitles, but no further info that I can see.

Thanks in advance for your help!

There is no way to know ahead of time which subtitles are forced and which ones aren't. I found it out the hard way by processing the movies through Clown_BD then looking at the folder where Clown puts all the files. It will have all of the sub files and the ones that are forced will say so. Then I used a sub file editor (forget the name) to review the subs. Then I reprocess the movie but when I get to the selection screen I unselect the commentary sub files.

I've run through all but the last movie. There are needed forced subs for Episodes I, II, and IV so far. In most of the movies, the unnecessary sub files that show up on your movie are subs 38 and 39, although occasionally 39 and 40. If there are forced subs you need they seem to always be 11 and 41.

4) Because of this situation, is it wise to disable "Forced subtitles" in the front menu of ClownBD and only pick the subtitles that are appropriate in the next screen where you manually select audio streams/subtitles?

Thanks!

No. You need some of the subtitles for when the aliens speak. There are some of the movies that need the forced subs. So you have to manually select the ones you need. This is usually sub 11 or sub 41. I had to process the movies one time to figure out which sub was needed, then a second time to filter out the unnecessary ones. I used a sub file editor to look at each of the sub files before eliminating them.

Thanks for that explanation! I found a subtitle editor online that's free (open source), so hopefully that's what you're talking about or at least comparable. :)

Also, this is totally a newbie question, but where does ClownBD put the subtitle files? I've clicked around the BDMV folder and I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me. Is there a particular folder? What's the file extension I'm looking for? (Also, is it in the sub file itself that would say rather it is a "force" or not?)

Thanks again!

I use the option to create a full BD folder structure and an ISO. On the opening screen I set all three programs (MUXER, IMGBRN, etc.) to put the files in the same folder. I name the folder Star Wars Episode IV, a New Hope (1977) for example. The sub files are easily seen once you open this folder. The subs that are forced with have the word forced in the file name. Then you can use your sub editor just to review the text in the forced subs.

Sorry I'm not fully picking up what you're putting down :)

Where is the option to "create full BD folder structure"? I'm not doing the ISO yet at this point, as I often have to use BD Rebuilder to "shrink" the BDMV > Stream content down to BD-25. Attached is a screenshot of my start page...can you see on here which area would house those subtitles? Would it be the "temp" folder (demux location)?

Thanks!

Attachments

• clownbd options.jpg
    clownbd options.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 7
I believe is in in Step 2 after you identify the playlist. I'm not where I can load up clown_bd right now. Post a pic of Step 2.

I'm not where I can either at the moment :) I did a little more testing, though, and sure enough that subtitle file (SUP) ends up in that "demux" folder that I have always just deleted after the tsmux process is complete. Now I am needing to test out that Script Editor program I downloaded and make sure I can do what needs to be done with that. If you think of it later, can you let me know for sure which program you're successfully using to view the subtitle content?

Thanks!

Back