• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Compressed Video size and ratio...

Spirit Wolfe

I am compressing my movies to a general MP4 format. I currently do not own a MP3 / Multimedia player, yet I was looking towards the Creative Labs' Zen X-Fi player.

The screen size format looks to be about 640*360 in size. But I would like to keep and use the original screen size that the maid DVD ripped movie came wit and it would still be compressed to the MP4 compression format, as well.

Will the MP4 movie file, when re-played back on a portable MP4/XviD/DiviX, such as the ZEN player automatically reduce the screen size to fit the player or do I have to compress (convert) the original file to exact specifications of the portable media player that I want to use?

Basically...I want to "write once...read many... If you catch my meaning! :D

I'm pretty sure your player will display the standard 720x480. My psp will do that and the actual native resolution is 480x272. The larger question is why unless you plan to use the portable device to display to the TV it is a waste of both time and file space. Whatever the native resolution of the device is all you are going to get regardless of how big the frame resolution is.

Back