• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Combining titles into one BR

woecarlson

Hello,

I am trying to backup The Killing (S1) and while I don't want to use a ton of compression to make each of the 3 discs fit onto 3 BR, it seems a bit wasteful to put only a single episode into a BR-25. What would be ideal is if there was some software that would allow me to combine two episodes into one BR-25. I was hoping I had found that with Multi AVHCD (sp?) but the end result of that experiment was a disc that just spin in my player and never showed anything. It's entirely possible I was just using it wrong (newbie), but does anyone else know of a reliable and easy-to-use program that would accomplish this?

Thanks!

Rip to hdd.
Create separate output folders for each episode.
Find out exact time of each episode and save in notepad, will be useful when demuxing subs and making mkv's.
tsMuxer - demux subtitles only, remove unwanted subs.
MakeMkv - find the right title, only video and audio, remove unwanted video and audio streams and remove subs.
multiAVCHD - add .mkv and .sup, create menu, select destination media.
If needed compress with BD-Rebuilder to fit a 25GB disc.
ImgBurn - burn to bd-re disc first and test before burning to bd-r.

multiAVCHD needs a bit learning and once your happy with output save it as template.
It's perfect for making compilations!

I'm having a hard time getting over the initial hump(s). I tried opening my tsMuxer (as part of the ClownBD package) and it just flashes a black text window and closes immediately. Nothing stays open. What could I be missing here? I suppose if subtitles are not wanted or needed I could skip that part and move straight to MakeMkv, but I'd like to practice the tsMuxer at least in case they are needed down the road for anything.

Thanks!

OK...I downloaded a fresh download file for the tsMuxer and it contained a GUI version of it so I can see how this would work now. Also, it seems the PGS codec is the subtitle file? If this is the case, what output type do I want between "TS muxing, M2TS muxing, Blu-ray disk, AVCHD disk, or Demux? Part of me wants to answer Blu-ray disk, but since I'm really only extracting the subtitle file I'm not sure what is most appropriate.

Thanks!

While I waited for help with the tsMuxer question thought I'd poke around the MakeMKV a bit - when I search for the file in the STREAM folder of the first episode it does not show any available files. What should I be looking for here exactly that has the video and audio? Your earlier note says to select the right audio/video options and remove subs - how is that done with the MakeMKV since the sub is part of the Stream file normally?

Sorry for the flood of questions - hope you're able to understand my questions ok! :)

(attached a pic of my MakeMKV screen)

Attachments

• makemkv pic.jpg
    makemkv pic.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 7
While I waited for help with the tsMuxer question thought I'd poke around the MakeMKV a bit - when I search for the file in the STREAM folder of the first episode it does not show any available files. What should I be looking for here exactly that has the video and audio? Your earlier note says to select the right audio/video options and remove subs - how is that done with the MakeMKV since the sub is part of the Stream file normally?

Sorry for the flood of questions - hope you're able to understand my questions ok! :)

(attached a pic of my MakeMKV screen)
If you want to show a screendump we need much bigger size and use http://imageshack.us/

In MakeMKV:
Point to the BDMW folder and in there the index.bdmw file.
Now you should se all titles.
Find the title with right playtime and chapters.
Untick all other titles.
In the title you want to keep, untick all video and audio you want to remove.
(If you want to save subs (PGS) for later use in multiAVCHD best is to demux them with tsMuxer.)

In tsMuxer:
Point to the BDMW folder and in there the folder STREAM.
Open the .m2ts file that has the same playtime as the title you want.
Untick all subs (PGS) that you don't want to have, untick all audio and video.
As output choose Demux.

The above is for prepairing to later use multiAVCHD compilation.

Thanks again so much for the info - this is very helpful!

One quick question...just out of curiosity, what is the benefit(s) to extracting the sub file(s) separately through the demuxing process rather than just including them in the MakeMKV process?

One quick question...just out of curiosity, what is the benefit(s) to extracting the sub file(s) separately through the demuxing process rather than just including them in the MakeMKV process?

To be honest I don't remember why I do it this way.
Have some vague memory of this... But I do know it works!
Guess you could try to include them in mkv.
I'll try that next time I do a compilation.
That's the best way to get a hang of it, trial & error.

Well, when you extract the sub separately in the demuxing process you get a log that tells you if there are forced subs in the subtitle file (if you use eac3to for the demuxing). Then you can extract out those forced sub to make a new subtitle file if you wish.

At least that's why i do it.

OK...so now I have my two MKV files and my two sup files (for episodes 1 & 2), and I figure it's time to put them all together in the MultiAVCHD program. What is the best workflow for this software now to make sure the episodes get placed in the right order and with the correct sup file married to the correct mkv file, etc. I don't really care if there is a menu or not, so long as the titles are in the right order.

Thanks in advance!

I am trying it and think I have part of it down at least. :) I selected my two MKV files (for Episode 1 and Episode 2) then clicked properties > went to Subtitles tab and added the .sup file created from the Demux process. (I'm assuming that is what marries the correct sub file to the right movie file?)

Now, just as a test I did go into Author mode and select Menu options thinking that might help me confirm the correct outputs later, but in your experience should it work just as well with no menus? I would probably rather the titles just play sequentially than having a menu, etc.

Thanks!

I am trying it and think I have part of it down at least. :) I selected my two MKV files (for Episode 1 and Episode 2) then clicked properties > went to Subtitles tab and added the .sup file created from the Demux process. (I'm assuming that is what marries the correct sub file to the right movie file?)

Now, just as a test I did go into Author mode and select Menu options thinking that might help me confirm the correct outputs later, but in your experience should it work just as well with no menus? I would probably rather the titles just play sequentially than having a menu, etc.

Thanks!

You should now read some guides.
There are several if you google.
This is a starter from the author:

http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/tutorial.php

Scroll down a bit to:

4. Move to Author tab.
[x] Create top menu - If unchecked, next 4 options will not be available and no top menu will be created. Sequential playback will start from Title#1.

Never made any compilations without menus, will try that someday.
The fun part is making your own good looking menus.

Good luck!

Back