• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ClownHD -- Combining MT2S streams into one movie

mkelley

Forgive me if I'm an idiot, but I'm new to this game and every day it seems I learn something which makes all that I know obsolete.

I've been using AnyDVD HD and taking the largest MT2S file (ripped to my disc) into Handbrake to create an MKV file with DTS passthrough that plays perfectly on my WDTV HD. So far, so good.

This worked for four BDs and then I tried a Disney title I owned and it appears (although I'm not certain) that the movie is on two separate MT2S files. In reading about this problem I come across something called ClownBD, but I read that it won't work with DTS tracks without $$$ codecs. Now, I don't want to do anything with those tracks (because I want to pass through through transparently to the MKV file using Handbrake) so I certainly don't want to pay big bucks just to decode them. Am I right in assuming I can't use ClownBD because of this? And, if so, is there some other software I can use to combine the MT2S files into one so I can bring the whole thing into Handbrake?

TIA for any help (just when I thought I knew what I was doing. Sigh).

There are ways, here is one.

Insert disc with AnyDVD HD running. Fire up eac3to to locate correct mpls playlist file. Fire up tsMuxer, insert that mpls file. uncheck unwanted crap, downconvert audio to DTS or AC3, mux to m2ts. You will now have a single m2ts file you can do what you want to. either play directly on WDTV or use with the program of your choice.

Thanks for the reply!

When you say "downconvert audio to DTS or AC3" I'm not *quite* sure what you mean. Why am I "downconverting" -- aren't I just passing that stream through transparently to the m2ts file? I'm not trying to be technical here, I want to know if I have to "convert" it because my understanding is I will need other software to do that. Using Handbrake on a single m2ts file I just say "passthrough" and the DTS or AC3 stream just passes through and that's kind of what I want to continue to do.

In any case, I'll give this a shot and see what happens. Thanks again!

WD TV does not do HD audio so you need to strip the HD part off of the audio. It is just a checkbox in tsMuxer.

WD Live does do HD (havent tested but supposedly) audio via bitstreaming.

Seamless branching disks are disks with more than ONE M2TS files and the proper sequence flow that make up the primary main movie.

Use the one MPLS (playlist) file instead of the multiple M2TS files for the primary main movie as identified in BDinfo.

Load than one MPLS file into other software programs to build the structure you want.

:agree:

WD TV does not do HD audio so you need to strip the HD part off of the audio. It is just a checkbox in tsMuxer.

WD Live does do HD (havent tested but supposedly) audio via bitstreaming.

Okay, well since I have WDTV HD Live I should be all right, right? So far it seems to play the DTS soundtracks I pass through it in the MKV container.

Although I'm still unsure what you mean by "HD audio" -- forgive a newcomer, still trying to get my head around all this stuff, but I thought an audio stream wasn't "HD" but something like DTS, AC3, etc. Or are you talking about a lossless DTS track versus a lossy one?

Yes standard DTS or HD DTS meaning the lossless track (Master Audio).

Back