• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (U.S., region-free)

RBBrittain

This disc will not play in PDVD 11, TMT3 (in TotalMedia Extreme 2), TMT5, TMT6, or Nero Blu-ray Player (in Nero 11 Platinum) with AnyDVD HD 7.1.6.7 active unless Speedmenu is also active. Without Speedmenu, it only brings up a black screen; all become irresponsive except TMT6, which returns to normal after ejecting the disc. It plays properly in TMT6 with either (a) Speedmenu active or (b) AnyDVD HD inactive.

I believe the last line of the status window suggests the problem:
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 7.1.6.7, BDPHash.bin 13-03-04-A)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH12LS38 1.01 D00413129DB6M34354
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 24265344 sectors (47393 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: CE3K
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 4
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-ray disc is region free!
Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Removed UOPs!
Removed Sony structural copy protection!
AFAIK this title predates Screen Pass; it's also a Sony Pictures release (AFAIK they have never used Screen Pass even though it was developed by corporate sibling Sony DADC). This title also contains three legitimate movie playlists (theatrical version, special edition, director's cut); I suspect that causes AnyDVD HD to misread the BD-Java menu as Screen Pass and remove it. Logfile is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.6.7_Info_F_CE3K.zip
    535.3 KB · Views: 2
Have you tried WinDVD 11 pro with bluray to see how that works??

Have you tried WinDVD 11 pro with bluray to see how that works??
Sorry, don't have that one. Doubt it would make any difference, though. :eek::doh::p

(Edit: I did try XBMC with Speedmenu on; it played but with no audio. I assume that's an XBMC issue.)

Last edited:
I can confirm that mine does the same using TMT6 if AnyDVD HD is enabled

Fixed in the upcoming version.

(Edit: I did try XBMC with Speedmenu on; it played but with no audio. I assume that's an XBMC issue.)

Probably is, if you have the time and want to run a test, change the audio options within XBMC and see if that brings the audio to life.

I have had some minor problems with the audio within XBMC and changing the audio options within XBMC brought the audio to life.

Great Movie

Last edited by a moderator:
This disc will not play in PDVD 11, TMT3 (in TotalMedia Extreme 2), TMT5, TMT6, or Nero Blu-ray Player (in Nero 11 Platinum) with AnyDVD HD 7.1.6.7 active unless Speedmenu is also active. Without Speedmenu, it only brings up a black screen; all become irresponsive except TMT6, which returns to normal after ejecting the disc. It plays properly in TMT6 with either (a) Speedmenu active or (b) AnyDVD HD inactive.

I believe the last line of the status window suggests the problem:
AFAIK this title predates Screen Pass; it's also a Sony Pictures release (AFAIK they have never used Screen Pass even though it was developed by corporate sibling Sony DADC). This title also contains three legitimate movie playlists (theatrical version, special edition, director's cut); I suspect that causes AnyDVD HD to misread the BD-Java menu as Screen Pass and remove it. Logfile is attached.
Thanks for reporting. Please try AnyDVD 7.1.6.8. Let me know, if it works. Thank you!

Thanks James, it's working for me on TMT 6
+1; also opens to menu in PDVD 11. Thanks! (Edit: Updated logfile attached. Screen Pass false positive clearly gone.)

Probably is, if you have the time and want to run a test, change the audio options within XBMC and see if that brings the audio to life.

I have had some minor problems with the audio within XBMC and changing the audio options within XBMC brought the audio to life.

Great Movie
I'll have to get to XBMC later, but any idea as to which options to tweak? My everyday audio setup is a Realtek ALC888 with analog 2.1 speakers, but I can also do HD bitstreaming from my AMD HD 6570 (with AMD HDMI drivers) via HDMI to a Sony HTIB with 5.1 speakers (and 7.1 support over HDMI via LPCM, DTS-HD MA and TrueHD). Given (a) this disc has both DTS-HD MA and TrueHD tracks, (b) the menu appears to default to TrueHD, (c) given its age odds are its TrueHD track may not have a lossy "core" to fall back to (unlike current TrueHD and nearly all DTS-HD MA), and (d) reports that Frodo's new audio core can have problems with Realtek cards, XBMC audio issues aren't surprising. (When I tested it the first time just after turning Speedmenu on, after every licensed player I have failed with Speedmenu off, I was just happy that XBMC played it.) I knew it was an XBMC issue, but I was too busy diagnosing the AnyDVD HD issue to deal with it. :eek:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.6.8_Info_F_CE3K.zip
    184.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Sorry, don't have that one. Doubt it would make any difference, though. :eek::doh::p

Really and you didn't try it but dismiss it.

He didn't need to test it, it also locks up on WinDVD 11 as well. As it seemed to be a decryption issue it was going to do it across all commercial players.
Also WinDVD is quite outdated. On my laptop all the other commercial players play fine, WinDVD just keeps telling me it won't work with my graphics card and that I need to install the correct driver for the device and restart WinDVD

Last edited:
He didn't need to test it, it also locks up on WinDVD 11 as well. As it seemed to be a decryption issue it was going to do it across all commercial players.
Also WinDVD is quite outdated. On my laptop all the other commercial players play fine, WinDVD just keeps telling me it won't work with my graphics card and that I need to install the correct driver for the device and restart WinDVD
+1. IIRC, the only reason WinDVD avoided the Cinavia mandate is Corel stopped updating it before the February 2012 deadline. (Edit: Not to mention other people own both WinDVD and CE3K and can test it themselves, as you did.)

Essentially the same issue occurred with three different versions of TMT plus two other commercial players; it went away with either Speedmenu active or AnyDVD HD inactive. That, along with the false positive for Screen Pass, pretty much proved it was a SlySoft issue; there wasn't any point in my buying the one major commercial player I don't own just so I could eliminate it too. :p:eek:

Last edited:
Back