• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cloning a blu-ray disk

another piece of advise, don't use anydvd's function to remove clips & trailers and short sequences. They can cause encoding failures with bdrb. as such jdobbs has code built in on a failure to display if those settings are active. bdrb has the capability to "blank" out stuff the "right way" but i suggest you get the hang of it first before you go blanking out stuff like i do and several others.

Appreciate that advice, as I had gone into anydvd and checked remove adverts and some other box. I will go un-check now. Another coaster avoided. LOL

not if you play it smart ;) If you have IMGBurn installed, BDRB detects it. You can have it either burn straight to disc (using imgburn) or as i do have it create an iso (using imgburn). That way if you mount the iso and blanked something and it results in the disc "hanging" at a black screen you can simply delete the iso and try again (or in my case if that happens i don't blank for that specific disc and do a standard "full disc" backup instead)

not if you play it smart ;) If you have IMGBurn installed, BDRB detects it. You can have it either burn straight to disc (using imgburn) or as i do have it create an iso (using imgburn). That way if you mount the iso and blanked something and it results in the disc "hanging" at a black screen you can simply delete the iso and try again (or in my case if that happens i don't blank for that specific disc and do a standard "full disc" backup instead)

Gotcha, I was just getting ready to play with the software. I'll let y'all know what happens.

In bdrb I set the output size to bd-25. Is this the correct setting for a 25 gb disc?

Thank You! BDRB is almost done encoding the first disk. I did like the other fella said and put it on the hard drive. I will mount it when done, see that it is okay and then use image burn to put it on a disk. I am going to use one of those lth disk for testing purposes until I get the Verbatims that are being sent to me.

Thanks Again Everyone!

Thank You! BDRB is almost done encoding the first disk. I did like the other fella said and put it on the hard drive. I will mount it when done, see that it is okay and then use image burn to put it on a disk. I am going to use one of those lth disk for testing purposes until I get the Verbatims that are being sent to me.

Thanks Again Everyone!

Okay, BDRB is done. In my working directory I have an ISO file which I mounted and played without any issue. I also have a folder with the files in it as they appear on the disk. Both are about the same size, i.e. the iso and this folder.
I know I use imgburn to burn to disk. Which do I burn to disk if I want it to work in a stand alone BR player. The ISO file or the folder that looks like the one on the original disk but smaller in gb?

Hi :)
My bad... You do not need to mount iso.
Just load the file direct.

30ikmky.png

2retg8z.png

Don't worry if you see this.

2cqns7a.png

Just click OK.

Last edited:
That seems simple enough.
I am encoding another disc, only 18 more after this one. LOL
I purchased Star Trek TOS and am making a backup copy, of course it's on the computer now, but always good to have a hard copy.
Thanks for the screenshots.

Personally, I've been buying Optical Quantum (aka VinPower) BD-25 blanks (Model OQBDR04LT) since I started burning Blu-Ray blanks. I buy them in 50-packs (MPN OQBDR04LT-50) when they're on sale. My blanks have always identified themselves as PHILIP-R04-000 and are rated at 4x. I've made a number of backups burning at 10x with my BDR-2209. Normally I burned at 8x using my BDR-205. No issues. My older backups burned using my BDR-205 show no signs of problems due to age. I know that I've seen some people comment negatively about Optical Quantum blanks but I've not run into bad burns or discs going bad with age thus far and I've been burning to BD blanks for some time now. You can grab a 50-pack for like $20 or cheaper.

Anyway, I'm not saying that these are the best blanks but, personally, I've had zero issues with my use and playback on any computers, an OPPO BDP-83, OPPO BDP-93, and various Samsung standalone players.

Hey there goto Newegg and check out the 50 pack of these, at the moment about 5 dollars more than a 25 pack and for each pack you receive a 8gig Toshiba flash drive. There is also a 6 dollar rebate on top of the 14 dollar instant rebate which make them cheaper than the 25 pack and free shipping state side.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817607054

Okay, BDRB is done. In my working directory I have an ISO file which I mounted and played without any issue. I also have a folder with the files in it as they appear on the disk. Both are about the same size, i.e. the iso and this folder.
I know I use imgburn to burn to disk. Which do I burn to disk if I want it to work in a stand alone BR player. The ISO file or the folder that looks like the one on the original disk but smaller in gb?

You only need the iso file as previously said, but there are a few settings you can set in bdrb to remove the final encode folder, when done and only keep the iso

go to settings > setup > on the right under "General encoding options" tick the following

"Remove WORKFILES after rebuild" (pretty much self explanatory, removes the workfiles folder when final rebuild is succesful
"Remove OUTPUT folder" (removes the final output folder (the folder with the movie name holding the bdmv and certificate folder))
"Keep only BMDV/CERTIFICATE folders" (self explanatory, removes the redundant ANY! folders and ANYVM! etc (decrypted AACS & BD+) folders from the rebuild

tick those 3 options and when rebuild is succesful (in the working path you've set) you'll only end up with the final iso file. Everything else related to that encode is deleted.

You only need the iso file as previously said, but there are a few settings you can set in bdrb to remove the final encode folder, when done and only keep the iso

go to settings > setup > on the right under "General encoding options" tick the following

"Remove WORKFILES after rebuild" (pretty much self explanatory, removes the workfiles folder when final rebuild is succesful
"Remove OUTPUT folder" (removes the final output folder (the folder with the movie name holding the bdmv and certificate folder))
"Keep only BMDV/CERTIFICATE folders" (self explanatory, removes the redundant ANY! folders and ANYVM! etc (decrypted AACS & BD+) folders from the rebuild

tick those 3 options and when rebuild is succesful (in the working path you've set) you'll only end up with the final iso file. Everything else related to that encode is deleted.

Copy on all of that. I am encoding now so I will wait to check the boxes. So can I delete everything except the iso file in the folders created by the other disc I encoded?

yup. Say your current movie (not using those settings is called "HOBBIT_PART1" and your working path set is C:\Temp and you've chosen to output to iso. When the encode is done you'll end up with

C:\Temp\Workfiles (this folder contains the demuxed video, audio and subtitle streams for the final output below)
C:\Temp\HOBBIT_PART1 (this folder is the final output created with recoded files from above)
C:\Temp\HOBBIT_PART1.ISO (this is the final iso, created by IMGBurn with the files from the above final output folder)

you can delete number 1 & 2, you only need the iso to burn the disc. Simple select "burn image file to disc (top left option)", navigate to the iso file or simply drag it from your working path folder onto IMGBurn and let it correct any settings it needs to if it asks. (for example if you've burned a dvd, before burning the blu-ray. dvd uses udf 1.02 and blu-ray udf 2.50 as a file format. IMGBurn will detect the incorrect udf setting and will ask you if you want it to correct that setting to the correct one for blu-rays. Click yes, and IMGBurn will do the rest)

once you feel you're familiar with BDRB we can go into the more advanced options such as removing trailers etc the proper way :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I am getting ready to encode the forth disk so I am going to check those boxes in BDRB now.

Things seem to be going well with the encoding. I am on Season 2 now of Star Trek TOS. I have not burnt any disk yet. I am waiting for the good ones come. I'll just keep encoding since it takes forever. LOL

Thanks to all who have helped me so far in my new beginning.

Did someone mention something about a Blue Ray version of CloneDVD being developed?

Did someone mention something about a Blue Ray version of CloneDVD being developed?

It is called Slyce and has been in development for the past several (3-5?) years. Check the 4th Sticky in this section (High Definition).

I have not burnt any disk yet. I am waiting for the good ones come.

That's what they invented BD-RE's for ;) (blu-ray equivalent to DVD+RW). Burn, Watch, Erase, Burn next one :p

I'll just keep encoding since it takes forever. LOL

The encoding duration depends on your system specs, the better the system the faster it is. With my rig (see sig), depending on the movie (and files to encode). I pretty much encode em all between 4-8hrs.

That someone would probably be me ^^. You can find all the current info about Slyce in my sticky thread uptop in this very forum section or just click the link https://forum.slysoft.com/showthrea...-Backup-Product-FEATURE-DISCUSSION-Topic-v1-6

The topic is currently locked as there is no new info yet so replying will not be possible.

Back