• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cloning a blu-ray disk

That's what they invented BD-RE's for ;) (blu-ray equivalent to DVD+RW). Burn, Watch, Erase, Burn next one :p

The encoding duration depends on your system specs, the better the system the faster it is. With my rig (see sig), depending on the movie (and files to encode). I pretty much encode em all between 4-8hrs.

That someone would probably be me ^^. You can find all the current info about Slyce in my sticky thread uptop in this very forum section or just click the link https://forum.slysoft.com/showthrea...-Backup-Product-FEATURE-DISCUSSION-Topic-v1-6

The topic is currently locked as there is no new info yet so replying will not be possible.

Gotcha, it's taking about 4 hours to encode and create the iso.

I'll put my system specs in my sig and you can tell me if they are okay. I think they are. They are not the latest and greatest as I built this box almost 2 years ago.

Question: How do you know if the disk has that cinavia crap? Will anydvd tell you when it comes across it?

Last edited:
if it's taking 4hrs ur system is more than fine. Mine isn't the newest ;) its predates the i series.

about cinavia, no anydvd will not tell you. but do a simple google image search on it and you'll see the logo to look for :). it's usually located on the back coverside

if it's taking 4hrs ur system is more than fine. Mine isn't the newest ;) its predates the i series.

about cinavia, no anydvd will not tell you. but do a simple google image search on it and you'll see the logo to look for :). it's usually located on the back coverside

10-4 will do.

I learned a new lesson this morning. Do not update AnyDVD while encoding a disk. Luckily I had just started so I did not loose much. I should have known better if I had thought about it for a second. LOL

you're encoding straight from the drive? not the best idea.

1) constant spinning is bad for the disc
2) constant spinning generates heat > heat bad for pc
3) you won't know the disc is "defective" till bdrb starts to extract the stream. Disc defective > can't extract > wasted a whole lot of time for nothin

ripping to hdd first is alot better

1) no constant disc spinning
2) hdd speed faster than optical drive, as such demuxing can be done alot faster
3) rip to hdd first and you'll know during the ripping if the disc is defective or not (read error) as such you won't be wasting time on bdrb and end up with a failure for example halfway through the encode due to read error

rip to iso > mount iso in virtual clone drive > point bdrb to iso. all done

you're encoding straight from the drive? not the best idea.

1) constant spinning is bad for the disc
2) constant spinning generates heat > heat bad for pc
3) you won't know the disc is "defective" till bdrb starts to extract the stream. Disc defective > can't extract > wasted a whole lot of time for nothin

ripping to hdd first is alot better

1) no constant disc spinning
2) hdd speed faster than optical drive, as such demuxing can be done alot faster
3) rip to hdd first and you'll know during the ripping if the disc is defective or not (read error) as such you won't be wasting time on bdrb and end up with a failure for example halfway through the encode due to read error

rip to iso > mount iso in virtual clone drive > point bdrb to iso. all done

So I should use the "rip to hdd" function in AnyDVD? or the "rip to image" function" in AnyDVD? mount it, then point BDRB to it?

either works with BDRB, i just use iso lately on recommendation from james a while back and it's also "better". 1 big file on your harddrive instead of dozens of files spread all over the harddrive making the needle on the drive having to go all over the place. Not the case with an iso

so I should use the Rip to Image function? I just want to make sure I am understanding.

thats your personal choice. If ya rip to folder "rip video dvd to harddisc" (dont let the name fool you, works for blu-ray too) or ISO works fine

folders > you can point BDRB to the root folder directly holding the bdmv & certificate folder, but files are spread out on the harddrive sector layout
ISO > need to mount first but only 1 big file on harddrive sector layout

comes down to personal choice really as i already said :)

thats your personal choice. If ya rip to folder "rip video dvd to harddisc" (dont let the name fool you, works for blu-ray too) or ISO works fine

folders > you can point BDRB to the root folder directly holding the bdmv & certificate folder, but files are spread out on the harddrive sector layout
ISO > need to mount first but only 1 big file on harddrive sector layout

comes down to personal choice really as i already said :)

I understand what you are saying but I am still confused as to which function in AnyDVD you use.

In the AnyDVD menu it says: A) Rip Video DVD to HDD and B) Rip to Image.

I also want to use what James suggested to you. I think you are telling me James recommended using B) Rip to Image option.

I apologise for being thick in the head, i just want to do this the best way. LOL

I reread your post again. I think I got it now. Rip to Image is what I want to use.
I think my sugar must be getting low. I'm not usually this dumbfounded.

Question.
If I am encoding with BDRB and I abort the operation can I hit backup, will it pickup from where it left off since the files it created are still in the folder?

I also did as Ch3vr0n suggested and ripped the image to hdd using AnyDVD and I am encoding my first disk with this method.
I have a question on this also.
Should I have ripped the image to one HDD and have the work path on another HDD.
At the moment I have the image being encoded by BDRB on the same drive as AnyDVD ripped image.

A1) if you don't make any changes (such as swapping encoding engine from x264 to the payed dgdecnv) it will pick up where it left off
A2) It will speed up a little. It's what i do aswell. Rip to 2 side and encode on another

Thanks much for all your help!
I am almost done encoding the first disk using the method you suggested. It will be around 3 1/2 hours when done.
The next disk I will rip to a different HDD and encode to another to see if there is much difference in speed.

Thanks Again!

It is definitely faster ripping to a hdd, then encoding to another hdd.

told ya, and even more faster than encoding from the disc ;)

lemme know when u feel comfortable enough to move into the more advanced stuff such as blanking unwanted crap

It's taking 3-3 1/2 hours from start to finish. Ripping to Hdd, then encoding.
At the moment I am just encoding these disk. There is only one advert on each disk, so it's no biggie with these.
I suppose you could tell me how to get rid of the adverts though, as I have other more recent disk that are slap full of annoying adverts/trailers.

in that case go to File > view/edit config file and add the following and add the following somewhere under [options] but before [paths]

ENABLE_TEST=1
ENABLE_BLANKING=1

save

now to start blanking under "Mode" select "Movies & Menu's"

when you load a movie in bdrb simply under the stream tab, double click the movie name and in the top right corner [Edit Mode] should appear indicating you are in the "blanking mode"
BDRB will automatically mark streams in a grey "block" it thinks are trailers etc and in 99% of the cases it's spot on. The other 1% sometimes a menu can get marked for blanking (something to do with how the menu is built i suppose) or some trailers arent. For that reason i play the movie first so i know what the trailers look like & the menu so the wrong streams don't get blanked out or overlooked. that's where the preview comes in handy. Rightclick a stream it marked in grey and click "preview this item". an mpc window will pop up and start playing the stream. If its good (copyright messages, trailer crap), leave it in the dark grey. If ya don't want it blanked then rightclick the stream again and untick "blank this item". I do this for every stream it marks.

sometimes it doesn't mark trailers, to make sure those get blanked too i preview streams under 500MB aswell, most trailers are only a few minutes long and are arround 2-500MB in size. So if i then encounter such an unmarked trailer in preview, ya rightclick it again and select "blank this item".

When ur done previewing, hit "backup" :)

Now on a very few discs, blanking sometimes cause the disc to "hang" at a black screen. this is usually because a "transition stream" i call them got blanked which it really needed. if that happens i just do the normal "full disc" backup mode instead of figuring out which stream it is, but it's usually very small streams of a1-3sec clip of black screen)

another few handy config options

alot of the hidden options you can find in the bdrb installation folder in "hiddenopts.txt" but these are the ones i use

COMPLETION_BEEP=1 (makes bdrb use a system sound alert when a job is complete, esp handy when ur in another room watching tv or somethin during an encode)

BEEP_SOUNDFILE=<insertpath> eg: BEEP_SOUNDFILE=C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\Sounds\Success.wav (tells bdrb to use the IMGBurn "burn complete" sound instead of the sytem default to notify a job is complete)

OUTPUT_FOLDER=<insert path> (tells bdrb to move the finished output out of the working path and into a specified path, in my case i have the following: Source path (varies depending on the vcd used); Working path: C:\Temp and hidden option OUTPUT_FOLDER=C:\BDRB Rebuilds. This tells bdrb to move the finished output out of C:\Temp and into C:\BDRB Rebuilds folder where i store my finished rebuilds. That way i don't have to dig arround the clutter in my encoding temp folder where i do more than just bdrb encodes. All completed jobs are stored nicely in C:\BDRB Rebuilds)

Last edited:
i'll have to look at that a bit closer when I do one of those annoying trailer filled movies.

Back