• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile to iPhone 3G Conversion

The Fisherman

:mad: Frustration Set's In...

I am new and it is probably just something stupid I am doing, I have been having some issues with various DVD conversion packages and someone on XBOX Live advised me to try out this software.

I have downloaded the evaluation package. AnyDVD, CloneDVD and CloneDVD to Mobile.

1. I have the DVD in the drive but do not know which settings to use to clone it to my iphone 3g. I have cloned it twice now and sync'd it to my iphone but it says on the iphone "This move format is not supported" I am probably doing something wrong. Please can you guide me as to what settings to use tec... I want to test it out first to make sure it works before buying the full versions. ?

2. Can it convert to the iphone 3g screen resolution.. ?

3. Can the software Clone a Region 2 DVD to be a Region 1 file and also load that onto the iphone to be able to watch it or burn it as a region 1 DVD. ?

Cut from APPLE Tech Specs:

Video:

Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

Thanks.

The Fisherman.

Hi Fisherman, looks like ipod 5th gen might be a good fit for that phone. It makes a 640x480 mp4 when selected. Give it a try and see how it goes.

Hi Spanky,

I have already tried that.. It did rip the DVD "RONIN" and I was able to drag and drop it into iTunes and I can sync it to my iphone 3g and it shows the artwork and duration of the movie.. 2:01:17

BUT.....

When I try to play it on the iphone it gives me a message:

"This Movie Formet Is Not Supported"

The file that CloneDVD to Mobile saved was:

C:\iphone 3g movies\RONIN.mp4

And it saved it as: Winamp media file 1,077,053 KB

If I save a DVD using fabDVD it instantly saves it as a Quicktime file and I can watch it on my iphone fine..(unfortunately fabDVD does not have all the functions I need)

Any Ideas. ?

I sure thought that would work? Have you tried iphone AVC?

Yep, I have tried iphone AVC, ipod touch and ipod Video 5 none seem to work.

?

Always thru itunes? Have you tried just copying them over via a USB cable?

yes always through iTunes.

Why i use fabDVD the file it says is a quicktime MPEG 4 file... CloneDVD to Mobile save the file as winamp file .mp4 I was wondering if that was the problem but when I import the winamp file into iTunes it looks like it does the conversion to quicktime anyway.. but I am not sure how to check.

If I go into iTunes and try to do the convert on the file it says it is already in the correct format..

? any further ideas.

I don't have one of these ipods but friends that do tell me that itunes conversion will pooch files trying to convert them. Most of the guys I know just do a straightforward copy via a USB cable. This may or may not be the case with yours but might be worth a try.

how do you do that straight transfer.. I thought all the transfers to the iphone 3g had to be done through iTunes...?

I FIXED IT......:clap:

********************************************************************************************************************

My Quicktime Preferences were not set correctly...

Under Quicktime Preferences... Tab - "File Types..." "MPEG - MPEG system, video, and audio files..."

The checkbox for MPEG-4 was not checked... even though I could load the file into iTunes and iTunes would convert it from WINAMP to Quicktime format and I could watch it by double clicking the file in iTunes it would bring up Quicktime and play the movie just fine........

I checked the "MPEG-4 media..." check box along with all the other checkboxes that were not checked so all file types are now accepted... and as if by magic....

ALL IS NOW WORKING OK. :bowdown:

********************************************************************************************************************

The cloneDVD to Mobile file type needed for the iphone 3g is: "ipod Video 5"

Hope this helps out others in need.

iphone issues

I have sent an email to slysoft directly regarding this. I hope someone can help me. I used the clonedvd mobile and chose iphone avc to convert the movie but when I dragged the file to itunes, and synced my iphone, it said it cannot be played on itunes.

Please help!!!:(

I have sent an email to slysoft directly regarding this. I hope someone can help me. I used the clonedvd mobile and chose iphone avc to convert the movie but when I dragged the file to itunes, and synced my iphone, it said it cannot be played on itunes.

Please help!!!:(
What version of CDM? Read the 1.6.1.0 thread for a custom profile for iPhone which apparently works. Post there if you still have problems.

Back