• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD burn speed bug

slamscaper945

I noticed that CloneDVD (even latest version) does not correctly display the burn speed in the log when burning a disc. For example, I'm burning Pan's Labyrinth to a DVD-R DL right now using verbatim DL media which tops out at 4x for my burner (Sony DRU-840A). Technically, my burner can achieve 8x speeds with the right media but this speed cannot actually be accomplished with the verbatim media I'm using.

Anyway, CloneDVD's log is displaying it's burning this DL disc at 16x (or whatever I set it to) even though it's only burning at 4x in reality. I'm wondering why this is. Does this happen with all drives? I could see how this could be a little misleading to some users. Shouldn't CloneDVD be showing me the correct speed it's actually burning at? Not a huge problem, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Shouldn't CloneDVD be showing me the correct speed it's actually burning at? Not a huge problem, but it's annoying nonetheless.
No. It displays the speed you have specified in the UI.

So I guess there's really no way to know exactly how fast CloneDVD is burning the disc then. I mean, if I set at 16x and I know for a fact that my drive and the media I'm using support this speed then I would think it's safe to assume that CloneDVD will actually burn at this speed. However, without the log showing the actual burning speed one just doesn't know for sure.

Guess I could start timing them with a stopwatch to be sure, lol. Great program nonetheless.

Back